Restoring Traders/Investors Faith into Investing

vagar11

There arn't too many questions here to answer. woh dialogue kisnai mara tha? yaha gyan na batai, yaha sab gyani hai :D

But looking at the mutual funds performance is depressing. they are just throwing darts.
Sab gyaani to nahi hai yaha Sir. There are too many lurkers roaming around this forum just watching and not asking.

What is criteria that you look for before investing? Care to explain with 2-3 examples(good and bad both). Some trades in the past which you took on the basis of fundamentals.

Do you use any stop loss on stocks. If yes, do u set that using fundamentals or do u make a cocktail out of technical and fundamental both?

Thanks in Advance. :D

Einstein

Sab gyaani to nahi hai yaha Sir. There are too many lurkers roaming around this forum just watching and not asking.

What is criteria that you look for before investing? Care to explain with 2-3 examples(good and bad both). Some trades in the past which you took on the basis of fundamentals.

Do you use any stop loss on stocks. If yes, do u set that using fundamentals or do u make a cocktail out of technical and fundamental both?

Thanks in Advance. :D
If fundamentals are intact, then there is no need to worry about the price, it will eventually hit its actual worth.

and technical analysis has (unfortunately) proven to be of no help in long term investing. In short term, a skilled trader can make money by betting on the herd behavior, I don't even look at charts of stock which I am going to buy for long term anymore. its of no use.

and yes, if you thing I am wrong and you can make entry using trend and stuff then you'll need to be careful as a value investor. a stock bought at 20%, over priced, in comparison with a stock bought at 20% discount can make an enormous difference on final capital gain.

vagar11

If fundamentals are intact, then there is no need to worry about the price, it will eventually hit its actual worth.

and technical analysis has (unfortunately) proven to be of no help in long term investing. In short term, a skilled trader can make money by betting on the herd behavior, I don't even look at charts of stock which I am going to buy for long term anymore. its of no use.

and yes, if you thing I am wrong and you can make entry using trend and stuff then you'll need to be careful as a value investor. a stock bought at 20%, over priced, in comparison with a stock bought at 20% discount can make an enormous difference on final capital gain.

Thanks for replying.

If it's no trouble can you please show one example how to judge a stock fundamentally or you can point me to a post if you have discussed it in the past.

Your posts encourage me to know more about investing Einstein.

Can you give me some input on the real estate leasing company called NESCO?

Last edited: