Request for moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurus1

Hi Traderji,
Over the last few weeks, there have been "incidents" which the forum was better off without.

My suggestion ...... we keep a team of moderators on a rotational basis to look after the forum and sub sections.
I request Traderji to kindly consider the possibilities and implement these changes.

Those of you who would like to be a moderator, please indicate your interest by posting here, for Traderji to take up.
Thank you.

Good idea, but Moderators selection has never been on application . It has always been on selection and invitation. Forum administrators want to increase number of moderators but it is very hard to find persons with qualities of leadership,cool head,tolerence,patience,balanced views, balance of mind ,fairness, trading knowledge and firmness to be invited to act as Moderator. Such people are handful and they should be interested in doing this honorary work spending time with zero monetary benefits.

"Incidents" you referred to was due to people who were banned many times,people with multiple IDs operating under same IP address with the intension of creating disturbances. This fact is too well known by now.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

Mungus

Well,Officially I don't want to be a Moderator.But If Traderji give me rights to remove the posts which are against Forum Rules,then I can do it happily without asking for any monetary benefit.Free Service Towards TJ.Not doing this to impress anyone.

May be it needs 2-3yrs of active participation on TJ.Till Then-

If I found any post which is against SEBI Rule/Forum Rule,I will report it with a reason.

That's the best I can do.

:)

mudraatrader

Well,Officially I don't want to be a Moderator.But If Traderji give me rights to remove the posts which are against Forum Rules,then I can do it happily without asking for any monetary benefit.Free Service Towards TJ.Not doing this to impress anyone.

May be it needs 2-3yrs of active participation on TJ.Till Then-

If I found any post which is against SEBI Rule/Forum Rule,I will report it with a reason.

That's the best I can do.

:)
Interesting

Then, please post your views about the thread by Taurus1, "The Nifty Trading Lounge"

Whether this thread is against SEBI rules and/or Forum rules or not. Please do post the reasoning.

-------------------------------

An appeal to forum members
Please do not feel offended on my this post.
I love to read his thread like you all, may or may not agree with his views, all the time :)

mudraatrader

Do we need more moderators
My answer will be simple NO
ST da is carrying his job nicely.
(No, I am not among his fan followers)
We do not need any more moderators.

Previously in some posts, some members raised this voice. They even suggested some name. Out of which one was an old member, who is now in forum with new ID for last few months. His qualities, do you want to know, bad mouth, abusive language, bully in nature (most of his posts were only to bully new as well as old members), promoting favoritism and many such qualities.

Though there are a few good members (I do not want to name any OR suggest any) because most of the members in the forum do not qualify for the job of a moderator. Many members are ill tempered (they feel offended if some one reply them in their tone/manner to their post/joke on others), they have problem of/with regionalism, language mindset, favoritism etc. etc.

Last edited:

Taurus1

Since I do not know which member has the time or interest, so decided to put this request out in public to see the response and get a list of members, from which I will suggest a few.

Whether Traderji decides to take a member from this list as moderator or not, we will have a list of members who are open to becoming a mod.

As the owner of this forum, Traderji's decision is final

DSM

Thanks and appreciated VijKris,

Let me however say that I have NO interest in being a moderator.

I do second and agree with the names you have suggested : Praveen Taneja, Timepass and Amit Randive as they are regular in posting and quite helpful as well. Morevoer they would be popular choices among members. However it is their call if they would be willing to take on what would be a thankless responsibility.....

i would propose names of Praveen taneja/timepass/DSM/amitrandive, for the post of moderators.
if its ok, then traderji may consider one of them atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.