Reliable Falcon is it worth it

McNish

Hello techdr,
So as per your rec., one can go for Falcon7 over Spider Iris Plus! I will try their demo and see. And later maybe take a demo of Spider+ too.
I checked their sites lately and in Spider, I noticed a new feature namely "DDL Link". I believe this feature can port data to Ami but the co is porting data to other apps but not for Ami. I asked their tech support that they can think over it as porting data to Ami would server them and also be useful to already registered Ami users as time and not money is invested for such users. I believe if they are able to port data to Ami ( which should not be too difficult) , they will open up a new scope for their application. Does Falcon by any chance have such a feature? In both these apps, there ought be be a news feed feature too such which could give an edge over RSS. Something like Quote Tacker's feed functions which have filters in them and and can be attached to symbols.
I've figured that Ami has limitations with respect to working in the Indian markets as a standalone software. However, if one compliments Ami with either Falcon or Spider, it's a Lethal Killer Combo for NSE.
Would like to see what the thread thinks of this suggestion.
Manish.

Last edited:

McNish

Hello There,
I have taken their Demo. One thing I clearly noticed is that people or rather sales person say whatever is to their comfort and most of the time overlook the concerns of the customers. This opinion is not because of a solitary experience but with companies whose product cost is high, their product is not flexible and for whom "Word of mouth publicity" is not a viable option because it would work negatively for them.
Suffice to say that in just one day of demo, I already have more than a couple of contradictory statements form the sales guy.

Tech Dr. I would like to specifically ask you or any other Falcon 7 user, what are the exact feature in the application that U make use of for trading in the live market and for EOD analysis?
I have other serious relevant queries too for U and the other users of Falcon but I'll put them one by one. Thus kindly be generous to the forum members.
Thank You in anticipation.
Manish.

Last edited:

McNish

Hello Everyone.
Just like I said in the last post of this thread. Dubious tactics :annoyed:. The support did not even bother to call me back for three days since I had asked they to create a query.
All that these people want is for you to buy their product and then be stuck with it. The sales rep said that this is their management policy. What he actually meant was that they are instructed to lie.
So my opinion is a very negative one for Falcon :stop:. If one decides to go for it, take a demo first, figure out what is there of actual value for you amongst all the clutter that one will come across with Falcon, see that this value is deliverable and then only go for it. The sales people will weave a fantasy world around their app but fail to show you the means to actually get even to the quarter way mark. And then when you have bought it, you will be on your own and stuck with an expensive piece of useless software and waste more of your time on it after wasting a good chunk of money.
Thus still if one feels, one should only go for the monthly or quarterly payment options and certainly not the one time full payment option.
This is just my opinion. Others are free and welcome to make their own observations and suggestions!
So the quest is still on for a better application and till then I'll use Amibroker with Sunny's data app.
Regards !

Taurus1

Amibroker flexibility and speed is very hard to beat, that too by broker software which is mostly useless. :p

Falcon 7 as on date Oct 2011, has loads of features embeded into it apart from the discussion that had happened earlier such as 300+ indicators, built in signals, customizable parameters, backtesting,etc. so if you want to go for it.. try it its more that worth try. Happy trading.

R

respectinvestor

guys i am seriously considering taking Reliable Falcon charting software. pls give advice or reviews on how good the software is and if anyone is using it, wat r its plus and minus pts.
Its worth every penny of it...even today majority of broking firms employ falcon and not amobroker or metastock for their research team....
:thumb:

:)
Most people on tis forum are using the pirated version of Amibroker. Though the official versikon costs about 15000 odd rs. And TDI is a software that pulls data from Indiabulls, yahoo to amibroker to create the charts.

Do let me know how you intend to trade, and I might be able to suggest a suitable setup for you.
Hello Sumosanammain,
Please help me by providing free Amibroker which you had mention here. it will be a great help for me.
Thanks with regards,
from,
BP Singh