• Made losses for more than 3 years before succeeding

Votes: 41 30.8%

• Total voters

TradeOptions

Hello everyone

successful just keep it simple...;)
my tools: strategy-plan-psychology-money management
one can't do without the other....

IMO that is good base to have success then from that there are all the other tasks (discipline-knowledge - capital and so on)

IMHO trade a strategy that fit you ... I am a scalper 1° then day trader (longer time frame) making few centsss but I wasn't good on swing-long :)

goldenedge

To beginners and people who lose money,

1) Why do you trade: Do you do it to make money and get rich fast? or Do you love the thrill it gives? Or are you a degenerate gambler?

If your answer is yes to any of the above then you won't make money.

2) What is your mindset: Do you hate yourself for getting emotional and trading impulsively? Or Do you try hard to control your emotions all the time? or Do you believe that psychology is the biggest hurdle to trading?

If your answer is yes to any of the above then you won't make money.

3) Trade and money management: Do you have a mark to market (realtime) profit/loss tab open? Do you calculate the estimated loss before you place a trade? Is your average profit / average risk(for the last few months ) positive? You don't have a strong entry and exit strategies. Right?

If the answers is yes to any of the above then you won't make money.

4) Other questions: Do you maintain a journal? Do you have a very specific ritual (notes) that you read before trading? Do you do weekend analysis of each and every trade you made over the last week? Do you trade consistently even after you hit a homerun or a huge loss?

If the answers are no then you won't make money.

I've tried to include most of the beginner questions. Hope that helps. Hit me up (or check my blog linked below) if you have stuff you want to ask me.

Last edited: