Relative Strength comparision

Trady

Here is the Fair Comparison...From Nifty's Low Date to High Date

Still Titan and Bata Are Supporting The Relative Strength Strategy.

Hope you understood now.

Last edited:
hi
i have one question?
for example:
i have 50 stocks in watch list.
s1
s2
s50
and i want each day compar those stocks to gether and select 5 stocks that have best score and buy them.
next day if those score change i can replace the stock that have beter scor.
can any one help me?
thanks a lot .

Kevin, as I said earlier, RS depends on YOUR timeframe, and how you are going to trade it.

This is a big misconception many people have, a strong stock will go up by say 20% when the market goes up, but the beaten down stock sometimes does 40% or more. In percentage returns the weak stocks are my choice. It is about which stock is picked.

There are no guarantees in the stockmarket, suggest you do your own research. I do not use RS at all, lean totally towards astro. :D
Hello Sir i came across a Afl for relative strength but i'm getting errors in code i'm using Ami 5.7 please correct the code i'm naive in coding

SetBarsRequired(sbrAll,sbrAll);
MAP = ("MAPer",21,2,400,1);
Bull1SYN = ParamStr("1Bull","XLY");
Bull2SYN = ParamStr("2Bull","XLI");
Bull3SYN = ParamStr ("3BUll","XLF");

Bear1SYN = ParamStr("1Bear",XLP");
Bear2SYN = ParamStr("2Bear",XLU");
Bear3SYN = ParamStr("3Bear",XLV");

FCBUll = Foreign(Bull1SYN,"C",2);
FCBUl2 = Foreign(Bull2SYN,"C",2);
FCBUl3 = Foreign(Bull3SYN,"C",2);

FCBear1 = Foreign(Bear1SYN,"C",2);
FCBear2 = Foreign(Bear2SYN,"C",2);
FCBear3 = Foreign(Bear3SYN,"C",2);

BullR1 = (FCBull1/Ref(FCBUll1,-1))-1;
BullR2 = (FCBull1/Ref(FCBUll2,-1))-1;
BullR3 = (FCBull1/Ref(FCBUll3,-1))-1;

BearR1 = (FCBear1/Ref(FCBear1,-1))-1;
BearR2 = (FCBear1/Ref(FCBear2,-1))-1;
BearR3 = (FCBear1/Ref(FCBear3,-1))-1;

InRS = 100*(In(1+(BullR1 +BullR2 + BUllR3 - BearR1 - BearR2 - BearR3)/3));
CumRSROR = Cum(InRS);

MinV = LowestVisibleValue(InRS);
MaxV = HighestVisibleValue(InRS);
MinMaxV = Max(abs(MinV),abs(MaxV));

MARS = MA(CumRSROR,MAP);

Plot(CumRSROR,"CumRSTiming",colorBlue,styleLine | styleThick);
Plot(MARS,"MACumRSTiming",colorViloet,styleLine | styleThick);
Barcolor = IIf(InRS > 0,colorGreen, colorRed);

Plot( InRS,"LNRS", color = Barcolor,styleHistogram | styleThick | styleOwnScale, MinValue = -MinMaxV, Maxvalue = MinMaxV);

Plot(0,"LNRS",Color = colorBlack, styleLine | styleThick |styleOwnScale, minvalue = -MinMaxV, Maxvalue = MinmaxV0;

Hello,

I have gone through this entire thread.

So has anybody got any ways to measure Relative Strength or Ranks of one stock vs the entire universe. like the way it is available in Investor Business Daily.

casoni

Hello markidharhai ,
As per my knowledge Relative Strength is

stock's performance vs. the Index. {Nifty)

not " Relative Strength or Ranks of one stock vs the entire universe ". ,

so if you came across with some new concept share the link , will try to codethem
* post the link of Investor Business Daily. from where you found this concept
Thank you

thanks Trady,
Atleast now i will know which stocks to take when nifty is in uptrend....

Hope to get the AFL soon
Hi, Dear Kevin
I went through all your post of this subject and not surprised that none of the members understood what do you mean to state. But... http://www.traderji.com/images/smilies/clapping.gif
I got your point because we are travel in the same boat. I searching for same formula from last more than one year..

Now take the clue, this formula is easily and freely available in metastock, But in MS you have to do lot of work daily. It is really very tedious job. Even though doing that MS is not worth to fulfill full potential of this ranking formula due to its Max. error reporting. which is up to 25000 limit. that is why I need this formula in amibroker.
Now come to the point.
I will give below link where you will get whole understanding alongwith ready formula in metastock language. If you or any body else able to convert this metastock furmula into AFL then most welcome.

www.meta-formula.com/support-files/metastock-rsc-exploration

If you or any body else able to convert this metastock formula into AFL then most welcome to post it in Traderjee forum.

Metastock Adaptive Fire plugin has ersa function, it can also create custom indice, advanced-decline line, % of stock over your defined SMA etc and run automatically.
I think it is the worth plugin with metastock.