Realtek Wi-Fi Adapter is not working and Internet disconnects frequently

mmca2006

My laptop is HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p206tx , Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am experiencing increasing problems of wifi connection recently and I'm now unable to connect to the internet. Troubleshooting says "Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn Wireless Network adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems".Frequently the connection is dropping a red cross sign is attached with the internet icon .CURRENTLY I am again back to no wifi despite troubleshooting and restarting laptop, reinstalling the latest driver SP72925 etc.
I have updated / reinstalled the latest version of wifi driver software " SP72925" several times but of no use.
The problem i am facing is,internet connection is lost in between,there is no continious internet connection on wifi .I tried updating the driver software several times,still facing the same problem,

Would you have any clue of how I could sort this out?

Many thanks for your help!

vagar11

I had a hp laptop. It used to give me issues like these. I solved it by following the below method. You are using win 10. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, revert the changes.

Install last driver, on an example v5.0.35.0 for Windows 8.1, then in regedit need to find "WirelessMode" (example in Windows 8.1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet1\Control\Class\***)

Need to change WirelessMode=3 to WirelessMode=7 then restart Windows.

0: legacy 11b/g mixed
1: legacy 11B only
2: legacy 11A only
3: legacy 11a/b/g mixed
4: legacy 11G only
5: 11ABGN mixed
6: 11N only
7: 11GN mixed
8: 11AN mixed
9: 11BGN mixed
10: 11AGN mixed

Raju