Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

VJAY

Let us know on Monday if you are getting realtime quotes.

By the way, is Zerodha PI fast enough like Nest Trader? Anybody used it?
I used it for some time ...its not good for traders...scrip update stops anytime...then if we try anything it crashes...then need to close forcely and restart... At least for me its given many problems...

Let us know on Monday if you are getting realtime quotes.

By the way, is Zerodha PI fast enough like Nest Trader? Anybody used it?
Hi Josh

I had RTD 1.4 working on one machine with Nest Trader, Zero's earlier version (guess 3.11)
everything was running as is, for ages,

Last week upgraded the Nest Trader to their latest version, I guess it's 3.16, no changes in RTD 1.4 or any configs files etc.

Real time quotes working smoothly, 1 day back-fill thru VWAP also worked well, (tried only once)

For multi day back-fill, it was opening the data tables on Nest but not updating in AMI
Have not tried any further tinkering as did not have time to try stuff during live market hours,
also have not used your RTD 1.5, so no feedback on that

Maybe others can try out using RTD 1.4, with newer version of Zero Trader for live quotes and 1 day backfill, hope this helps

Thanks

Happy :)

lvgandhi

I have nest trader 3.16.0.4 from TSO. I use RTD1.5. RTD and backfill with vwap is OK. For backfill with data table, I have to open the chart and table once. Then it works for that scrip.

josh1

Hi Josh

I had RTD 1.4 working on one machine with Nest Trader, Zero's earlier version (guess 3.11)

Last week upgraded the Nest Trader to their latest version, I guess it's 3.16, no changes in RTD 1.4 or any configs files etc.

Real time quotes working smoothly, 1 day back-fill thru VWAP also worked well, (tried only once)

For multi day back-fill, it was opening the data tables on Nest but not updating in AMI
Have not tried any further tinkering as did not have time to try stuff during live market hours,

Maybe others can try out using RTD 1.4, with newer version of Zero Trader for live quotes and 1 day backfill, hope this helps

Thanks

I have nest trader 3.16.0.4 from TSO. I use RTD1.5. RTD and backfill with vwap is OK. For backfill with data table, I have to open the chart and table once. Then it works for that scrip.
Thank you. Maybe it was my windows having problems. I will check with fresh install of 3.16.

Guys, after starting Nest, open chart of each and every scrip once. That should make multiple day backfill smooth.

Happy, you should try 1.5 version. It has better facilities. You must be on 3.16 since you upgraded last week.

Last edited:

josh1

I've used it a lot and still do sometimes.
I don't think its in anyway better than NEST 3.11 which i used actively.
Pi was better then others as I needed charting and NEST is way behind when it comes to that, without a 3rd party charting platform running.

Pi wont hang, but even a few open charts, 6-8, shows substantial losad compared other platforms.
Worse is that Z has totally stopped its future development, I think only some bug fixes and new compliance related stuff causes it to update.

If you intend to just load a marketwatch (MAX 50 symbols) and pass orders, it will work smoothly.
250symbols with multi MW but only one will tream RTD.

Another everyday issue is Margin/Cash data will not update after market open.
If you click refresh, Pi will crash. This part is very painful.

since I've not used 3.14/3.16, i'm not in a position to really compare how troublesome the newer NEST versions are.

I'm not a fan of any of the web based trading portals but I've read at quite a few places where data extraction is possible. Have you tried/seen this ?

Fed up since long, moved to paid data vendor since Jan.
Well don't know about web based portals with data extraction. May be interactive brokers gives that. RTD with Nest trader can handle 50 symbols with multiple charts. Though users say it can handle more.
NSENOW is fastest of all but limited to 50 symbols and no spot index or MCX.
IF Zerodha 3.16 is giving backfill, we can try it. I will see next week. LVG has already confirmed.

john302928

travi

Hi Josh

Thanks

Are you able to login with 3.11? I've tried today a few times and failed.

It takes around 3min for Login window to appear. After I use the Login ID, get the correct image and enter password. The 2Fa part is also ok.

At the download Exchange data part, all 4 are selected. When I click Continue, I get pop-up "Wrong Parameter" and stays like that.
No activity, then I have to kill/Exit App.

EDIT: With 3.16, its working fine.

Last edited:

VJAY

Are you able to login with 3.11? I've tried today a few times and failed.

It takes around 3min for Login window to appear. After I use the Login ID, get the correct image and enter password. The 2Fa part is also ok.

At the download Exchange data part, all 4 are selected. When I click Continue, I get pop-up "Wrong Parameter" and stays like that.
No activity, then I have to kill/Exit App.

EDIT: With 3.16, its working fine.
Before I install new version3.16 I took back up of NEST ...then installed new version ...I got problems in backfill ...what I done is just copy pasted what I backup files of old one....My nest working without any problems with RTD 1.5...

travi

Before I install new version3.16 I took back up of NEST ...then installed new version ...I got problems in backfill ...what I done is just copy pasted what I backup files of old one....My nest working without any problems with RTD 1.5...
Still didn't test RTD, I just wanted to know if NEST 3.11 still works with any Zerodha A/c ?