Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

yachusai

joshi sir mention that backfill data available from nest vwap for last 15 days but my chart updated only for current day and my broker is fortune. pl guide me which broker nest available backfill for last 15 days

Bro you choose starting date to end date ---->select scrip which you want to backfill ---> click do backfill

john302928

Hi josh and fellow boarders, Is there any possibility to create an utility to automate the split and bonus for all there shares whereever applicable. we can download historical EOD data using data downloader. lot of stocks have had splits and bonus. So if we download more years of data, we have long red candles because of splits and bonus. Picking each and ever stock and doing correction on split and bonus is a tediuos task. Is there anyway that you can think about automating this task. I would really appreciate that.

What I am starting to understand, you all have already understood and executed! You see I am taking my baby steps in learning AHK.

I should be most grateful if any senior member would kindly help unveil the mystery for me.

Upon running the below code1:
Code:
WinTitle := "Welcome"
WinActivate, %WinTitle%
sleep, 333
ControlFocus, SysListView323, %WinTitle%
sleep, 333
ControlGet, RowNum, List, Count, SysListView323, %WinTitle%        ;Total number of rows in MarketWatch
MsgBox, Number of Rows: %RowNum%

Thinking that AHK might not work on this NEST platform, I wrote code2:
Code:
WinTitle := "Welcome"
WinActivate, %WinTitle%
sleep, 333
ControlGetText, TxtVal, Edit3, %WinTitle%
MsgBox, %TxtVal%
Apart from the code2, nothing seems to work - not even ControlClick or Click, Rel. Where am I wrong in code1?

P.S. A question for Josh1 - How to effectively cook AHK scripts for NEST Trader? In another post, you mentioned that you learned it in 7 days. Please help!
You asked for too many things in code1

Joshiji,

Thank you for replying,

The AHK issue got solved when I ran the script as an administrator. And thankfully now able to Backfill AB flawlessly. AHK is full of fun.

Now coming to RTD, my knowledge in C++ is limited to high-school level academics only. I am a programming enthusiast and your project is an inspiration.

I should be most grateful to you, if you would kindly layout the factors that I need to learn in order to understand the functionalities of your code. Please briefly explain the C++ techniques used, by virtue of which, you have achieved successful communication between applications.

Please correct me if I am wrong, in the source codes, it seems to me that you are using NEST as a server, CSV as a client and then passing it onto AB using its ASCII format. I understand class inheritance but has never dealt with "server-client" in C++.

You have provided an immensely helpful technology but I am keenly interested to learn its science. Please help!

Highly appreciate for sharing your work with all!

Joshji,

Kindly inform if your utility can be used to import data from Zerodha Pi. I am currently using your utility for important RT data from TradeTiger to amibroker.

What modifications are required.

Thanks

josh1

Hi josh and fellow boarders, Is there any possibility to create an utility to automate the split and bonus for all there shares whereever applicable. we can download historical EOD data using data downloader. lot of stocks have had splits and bonus. So if we download more years of data, we have long red candles because of splits and bonus. Picking each and ever stock and doing correction on split and bonus is a tediuos task. Is there anyway that you can think about automating this task. I would really appreciate that.
At present we do not have such technology

josh1

Joshiji,

Thank you for replying,

The AHK issue got solved when I ran the script as an administrator. And thankfully now able to Backfill AB flawlessly. AHK is full of fun.

Now coming to RTD, my knowledge in C++ is limited to high-school level academics only. I am a programming enthusiast and your project is an inspiration.

I should be most grateful to you, if you would kindly layout the factors that I need to learn in order to understand the functionalities of your code. Please briefly explain the C++ techniques used, by virtue of which, you have achieved successful communication between applications.

Please correct me if I am wrong, in the source codes, it seems to me that you are using NEST as a server, CSV as a client and then passing it onto AB using its ASCII format. I understand class inheritance but has never dealt with "server-client" in C++.

You have provided an immensely helpful technology but I am keenly interested to learn its science. Please help!

Highly appreciate for sharing your work with all!
Please note that I am using AUTOIT (not AHK) since it was able to extract column headers of market watch at the time I developed RTD.

The C++ utility RTDMAN was originally developed by Tracerbullet. RTD invokes it to obtain real time quotes from NEST or NOW (as RTD server), writes the quotes in ASCII format and passes to AB. Since there is frequent read/write at intervals as small as 250 milliseconds, I recommend using RAM disk.
RTDMAN uses the same technique that is used by MSExcel to obtain quotes from RTD server. It is based on COM technology of Microsoft. The source code of RTDMAN is distributed along with RTD. We have written extensive comments to make it readable.
You will have to read about COM to understand it better.

josh1

Joshji,

Kindly inform if your utility can be used to import data from Zerodha Pi. I am currently using your utility for important RT data from TradeTiger to amibroker.

What modifications are required.

Thanks
Pi has 'Link to Excel' functionality. Click on it select all scrips and then paste in excel. You will get real time quotes in Excel.
Click on the cells where you get real time quotes and press F2 to edit. You will see formula. That formula is required from each cell in one row.

Please note that I am using AUTOIT (not AHK) since it was able to extract column headers of market watch at the time I developed RTD.

The C++ utility RTDMAN was originally developed by Tracerbullet. RTD invokes it to obtain real time quotes from NEST or NOW (as RTD server), writes the quotes in ASCII format and passes to AB. Since there is frequent read/write at intervals as small as 250 milliseconds, I recommend using RAM disk.
RTDMAN uses the same technique that is used by MSExcel to obtain quotes from RTD server. It is based on COM technology of Microsoft. The source code of RTDMAN is distributed along with RTD. We have written extensive comments to make it readable.
You will have to read about COM to understand it better.

Thank you very much for your detailed description.

Two questions before I start digging Component Object Model.

1) What confuses me, does the concepts of - .idl, interface, ole automation - all fall within the spectrum of COM? In other words, will the knowledge of COM be sufficient enough or would I require other aspects to learn in order to produce the desired communication between applications (excluding any graphical enhancements / GUI features or Window-based developments).

2) Kindly suggest a starting point to learn COM (your own process? / books / materials / sources).

P.S. For backfilling purposes, using AHK what I have learned, is, to create a loop in-order-to parse every line of a list of Scrips saved in a separate notepad - assign that string to a variable, then, pass that variable onto ComboBox3 of NEST. After which by automating the sequence of mouse clicks and keyboard strokes - opening the DataTable of the entered scrip, copying its content to clipboard and then Append a .txt file with the clipboard contents. Once the parsing loop is complete, finally, using ASCII to feed AB with that data. Very basic and rudimentary compared to your Backfill code, however, serves the purpose.

Shall try your AutoIt MwHeader approach also! Sounds like another adventure.

josh1

Thank you very much for your detailed description.

Two questions before I start digging Component Object Model.

1) What confuses me, does the concepts of - .idl, interface, ole automation - all fall within the spectrum of COM? In other words, will the knowledge of COM be sufficient enough or would I require other aspects to learn in order to produce the desired communication between applications (excluding any graphical enhancements / GUI features or Window-based developments).

2) Kindly suggest a starting point to learn COM (your own process? / books / materials / sources).

P.S. For backfilling purposes, using AHK what I have learned, is, to create a loop in-order-to parse every line of a list of Scrips saved in a separate notepad - assign that string to a variable, then, pass that variable onto ComboBox3 of NEST. After which by automating the sequence of mouse clicks and keyboard strokes - opening the DataTable of the entered scrip, copying its content to clipboard and then Append a .txt file with the clipboard contents. Once the parsing loop is complete, finally, using ASCII to feed AB with that data. Very basic and rudimentary compared to your Backfill code, however, serves the purpose.

Shall try your AutoIt MwHeader approach also! Sounds like another adventure.
1) They all fall within the spectrum of COM. It is essentially Window based development. Though I do not like windows, COM is in my opinion, best development by Microsoft. It can be used in Linux also but they do not use it, I do not know why.
2)It was developed by Microsoft so in my opinion, the best place to start learning is MSDN https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms680573(v=vs.85).aspx.
3) Current version of Autoit has BASIC like systax. It is easy to learn. AHK branched out from Autoit. It is C like. Both are good for automation. You can read my source code for RTD. It is well commented.

1) They all fall within the spectrum of COM. It isessentially Window based development. Though I do not like windows, COM is in my opinion, best development by Microsoft. It can be used in Linux also but they do not use it, I do not know why.
2)It was developed by Microsoft so in my opinion, the best place to start learning is MSDN https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms680573(v=vs.85).aspx.
3) Current version of Autoit has BASIC like systax. It is easy to learn. AHK branched out from Autoit. It is C like. Both are good for automation. You can read my source code for RTD. It is well commented.