RBI news - Introduction of Cross-Currency Futures and Exchange Traded Option Contract

natjay

Re: RBI news - Introduction of Cross-Currency Futures and Exchange Traded Option Cont

RBI news

What does it mean for forex trading in India?

It says effective immediately, which are legal forex brokers in India!

Thanks
It simply means that brokers connected to authorized exchanges in India (NSE, BSE) will be able to offer F&O trading in EUR-USD, GBP-USD & USD-JPY in addition to the four INR-denominated pairs already available.

I think it's a good move as it will make currency trading more competitive.

I just came across this news recently and trying to figure out who exactly are offering these new pairs legally. Will need to check with existing brokers in India (e.g., Zerodha, RKSV, ICICI and others) if they plan to offer these contracts for trading. So far I don't see them on the margins page of Zerodha, but I'll try to find out if and when they might be available to trade.

Last edited:

Aman1

Re: RBI news - Introduction of Cross-Currency Futures and Exchange Traded Option Cont

Does it mean we can trade euro/usd etc. now?

ztas

It simply means that brokers connected to authorized exchanges in India (NSE, BSE) will be able to offer F&O trading in EUR-USD, GBP-USD & USD-JPY in addition to the four INR-denominated pairs already available.

I just came across this news recently and trying to figure out who exactly are offering these new pairs legally. Will need to check with existing brokers in India (e.g., Zerodha, RKSV, ICICI and others) if they plan to offer these contracts for trading. So far I don't see them on the margins page of Zerodha, but I'll try to find out if and when they might be available to trade.

Thanks Nathan.

How are spreads with forex trading in India?
Are there enough volume?

Thanks

Thanks Nathan.

How are spreads with forex trading in India?
Are there enough volume?

Thanks
That means that NSE,BSE and MSX can now offer EUR/USD futures , GBP/USD futures and USD/JPY futures contract size must be 1000(EUR,USD,GBP) and also Foreign investor can now trading all currency futures on indian exchanges

Last edited:

Any updates on this.. when are Zerodha and Sharekhan going to introduce cross currency future pairs.
Thanks!

Any updates on this.. when are Zerodha and Sharekhan going to introduce cross currency future pairs.
Thanks!
Bad questio when Zerodha will introduce. When NSE,BSE and MSX will introduce this contracts?

@Obelixtrader agreed, its the exchanges who are going to release new products/currency pairs , brokers will follow on their own, so when are the exchanges going to introduce, any public communication released by any exchange? I have just sent emails to NSE and BSE , will share with all when and if I get a reply on that.