Query regarding PC as business expense

lemondew

I purchased some PC hardware and windows 7 licenced version. I have a proforma invoice ( seller name ABC) and I payed by cheque to him in name of DEF different company name from his shop. Can I claim depreciation for the above items as business expense. Do I need to ask for tax invoice or any other thing else from the vendor

I purchased some PC hardware and windows 7 licenced version. I have a proforma invoice ( seller name ABC) and I payed by cheque to him in name of DEF different company name from his shop. Can I claim depreciation for the above items as business expense. Do I need to ask for tax invoice or any other thing else from the vendor
Proforma invoice is just a piece of paper, and not more than that. You should have original tax invoice/retail invoice, that too in the name of trader (assesse) and none else and payment in the name of invoice issuer and none else.

Baki chalne ko kuchh bhi chal sakta hai :D

My view only, as I am no tax expert.

Yes you can claim .. get copy of invoice an original bll just in case ..
consult your ca as far as i know even trading place location rent can be claimed in expenses and even travel expense :)
Yes, bhai
All reasonable (though there is no definition of reasonable) expanses related to business can be claimed as deduction,
but it will be allowable or not, will depend on ITO discretion, if case is selected for scrutiny. :D