Q & A with Traderji

Status
Not open for further replies.
As traderji has agreed to take Q & A, I have decided to start this thread to get an insight to his trading mind and methods with the hope that we can all learn something from his experience in the markets.

As this thread will be in the form of Q & A, I will first post a question which will be then answered by Traderji. Please do not post any of your individual stock queries here as it will not be answered. If you would like to ask a question please pm me and I will post it here if it seems appropriate.

Traderji

Super Moderator
Neal said:
How and when did you get into trading?
I first got introduced to markets and trading in the late 1980's.

The primary function of my job (as a assistance then) then was to monitor precious metals in the commodity markets in order to hedge positions for the firm. As I was a total newbie then I had to undergo training in price movements with a number of professional traders where I learnt my first and most valuable lesson "The Trend is Your Friend".

karthikmarar

Dear Traderji

First of all I would like to thank you for this opportunity. Looking at your various threads I am sure you must be using Technical Analysis extensively. What is your opinion about the new generation indicators like KAMA, VIDYA, CMO, Chaikin Ocillator etc. Do they really work better than our conventional MAs, MACD etc. What is your experience with these new generation Indicators.

Regards

Karthik

Traderji

Super Moderator
karthikmarar said:
Dear Traderji

First of all I would like to thank you for this opportunity. Looking at your various threads I am sure you must be using Technical Analysis extensively. What is your opinion about the new generation indicators like KAMA, VIDYA, CMO, Chaikin Ocillator etc. Do they really work better than our conventional MAs, MACD etc. What is your experience with these new generation Indicators.

Regards

Karthik
I personally prefer the conventional simple or exponential MA and MACD over the Vidya as I have been using them for a looong time now. I think the MACD is an excellent indicator cause it behaves both as a oscillator (by providing divergences) and a trend following indicator

CMO is used in the calculation of Vidya. I do not use the KAMA or Chaikin Oscillator.

Indicators are a personal choice and most indicators give reliable trading signal. However the trick is to use them often over a long period of time to understand how they behave under different market conditions. Then only will you get the desired results from that indicator.

shrinivas

Ahhhh traderji...

one more question..did you make a loss in this market in last 15 yrs...a big loss which took long to cover up....or only profits till now...

ganeshhity

Dear Traderji,

What is the strategy to pick a stock for Intrady & EOD trading?
Please explain with the help of indicators & charts.

Regards,

(moneypick)

marcus

Dear Traderji,

Thanks for the opportunity and the forum and the way you maintain it, I have never seem you misuse your admin powers and at the same time you allow free and fair discussion.

1)which broker do you use
2)what software do you use
3)Along with price and volume and MACD which other monentum indicators do you use.
4)Are you only a cash trader or do you trade commodities as well? If yes which do you find more profitable?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.