Python installation for trading

VJAY

Dear UB,
Where are you?hope everything okey with you...we all keenly waiting for your posts about using python for trading purpose......:)

lvgandhi

Is there any possibility to download intra-day data from nest or now and chart it with python? If so will it be faster than the RTD by Josh1?

MSN1979

MSN1979

Is there any possibility to download intra-day data from nest or now and chart it with python? If so will it be faster than the RTD by Josh1?

Sir I think its possible, Zerodha charges for it. I think UM mentioned composite edge or upstox maybe they offer free. You can call the helpline and check

lvgandhi

Sir I think its possible, Zerodha charges for it. I think UM mentioned composite edge or upstox maybe they offer free. You can call the helpline and check
Thanks for the response.
For me RTD works. I wanted to know whether it is possible and if done will it be faster than Josh RTD. If it is not faster, why to move from already working one.

MSN1979

Thanks for the response.
For me RTD works. I wanted to know whether it is possible and if done will it be faster than Josh RTD. If it is not faster, why to move from already working one.
I think I misunderstood your question
Sorry I have no experience in this, i would leave it for UM to answer.

Have you installed talib?
Its a technical analysis library (I am not a fan of technical analysis)
You can install by typing
Python:
pip install TA-Lib
in the command prompt.

And you can follow this link in case of troubleshooting.

Once done, you can use this as follows in a jupyter notebook
Python:
import talib
talib.SMA(data)
TA-lib is insanely fast (when compared to other solutions, I believe)
And nothing is dumb :)
Once you get running, you can automate a lot of strategies from Excel or any other software
I have successfully installed anaconda and TA-lib and openedup Jupyter notebook. where should I use these lines import talib and talib.SMA(data) ??