Python installation for trading

MSN1979

Well done.
Its fine and installed
Try opening command prompt and type conda list
This must show up a list of libraries installed.
If it throws an error, report the error here.
yes sir I can see Conda List working. I am not sure if I installed TA LIB Correctly

travi

@UberMachine and others, kindly refer a post in ncube's thread.
I've posted instructions on how to your precompiled wheel files instead.

Just installing Build Tools may not work bcos some of the packages appear to be using a registry method of some sort to check if VC++ 2015 is installed and fails to interpret it completely.
Also note, Build tools 2017 , ie. 14.1.x is fully backward compatible with 2015 and in layman terms simply overwrites the old 2015.
In many cases 2017 will remove any VC++ 2015 entries that appear in control panel > programs and features.

Then it depends on one's tech level to sort the whole thing out, build tools 2015 doesnt even set path properly so post-installation problems will still persist.

A simple quickfix is to use wheel files. Just check the correct python version and win arch to install the correct one.

http://www.traderji.com/community/t...rbitrage-trading-concepts.106739/post-1297715

MSN1979

Just installing Build Tools may not work bcos some of the packages appear to be using a registry method of some sort to check if VC++ 2015 is installed and fails to interpret it completely.
Also note, Build tools 2017 , ie. 14.1.x is fully backward compatible with 2015 and in layman terms simply overwrites the old 2015.
In many cases 2017 will remove any VC++ 2015 entries that appear in control panel > programs and features.

Then it depends on one's tech level to sort the whole thing out, build tools 2015 doesnt even set path properly so post-installation problems will still persist.

A simple quickfix is to use wheel files. Just check the correct python version and win arch to install the correct one.

http://www.traderji.com/community/t...rbitrage-trading-concepts.106739/post-1297715
Sir my head is spinning after reading this. I have now installed Build Tools. Please guide me step by step if anything else is required

travi

Sir my head is spinning after reading this. I have now installed Build Tools. Please guide me step by step if anything else is required
Refers to a series of all posts before and after the one I quoted where VJAY bhai has successfully followed them.

UberMachine

Nice comments. (+1)
I think TA-Lib installation is tricky since they don't provide a ready-made whl file on PyPi.
Could you kindly test it on your system (since I run on Linux)

UberMachine

:)
Its tricky. (Just bear with me; this is the toughest part)
Try this.

Go to this link
You could see a lot of whl files
Download the one specific to your computer.
I think you are running Python 3.6 on a 64-bit computer (check python version by typing python in cmd)
Then, you must download TA_Lib‑0.4.17‑cp36‑cp36m‑win_amd64.whl
(36 is the python version and amd64 is for 64-bit computer)
Then pip install <filename>
Replace <filename> with the downloaded filename