Pyramid averaging or Stop Loss, which is worthy these days?

Pyramid averaging or Stop loss which is better at present.

• Total voters

NiftyFantasy

Dear Friends,
In the current seesaw market, do you think stop loss is good option for intraday/short/medium term stock trading or for nifty future trading. I think pyramid averaging could be better option than stop loss. (ofcourse you should have a healthy capital for the same).
What is your opinion guys, please share my vote goes to pyramid averaging.

regards
Abhi

Edit: Noramally pyramid averaging in intraday stock trading will triggered at the same level at stop loss provided and again and again.

Last edited:

Capricorn

A stop loss trailing or otherwise is simply a level where you get out of the market, whereas pyramiding refers to adding to profitable positions. Are the 2 connected.

Averaging down is not pyramiding if that is what you are referring to.

NiftyFantasy

A stop loss trailing or otherwise is simply a level where you get out of the market, whereas pyramiding refers to adding to profitable positions. Are the 2 connected.

Averaging down is not pyramiding if that is what you are referring to.
Pyramid averaging can be done in both cases either in a profitable trade or in a loosing trade (in fact it used only in a loosing trade, in a profitable trade you can add it in any quantity not necessary to add in doulble/triple) , it means that you have to add the same stock in double/triple quantity to brought down the cost of your sotck.

rgds

sudoku1

I have faced a lot of time that my stop loss triggered and the price comes back again at its usual price. I think the operators forcely make it triggered to suck our money...
if u throw a hook 2 catch a fish....u will probably miss many times & sit idle until u finally get one....
does this mean that the fish knows that u r laying a trap for her...?;)

sudoku1

Dear Friends,
In the current seesaw market, do you think stop loss is good option for intraday/short/medium term stock trading or for nifty future trading. I think pyramid averaging could be better option than stop loss. (ofcourse you should have a healthy capital for the same).
What is your opinion guys, please share my vote goes to pyramid averaging.

regards
Abhi

Edit: Noramally pyramid averaging in intraday stock trading will triggered at the same level at stop loss provided and again and again.

just look around & find those who averaged a stock rigt from 2008....!
always prefer for stoploss...no matter it triggers 10 times