PyDownloader

Thanks Brother
I am attaching the list
I am a noob in computer or technical language related computer software
Again thanks a lot for taking trouble (y)
How to use your ticker list using this utility ? I mean what should we write in the Ticket List (Notepad file) from the list you have given ?

Should we use Symbol or Full Google Symbol ?

I am using this utility for NSE only
write symbols,
google symbols,NSE

for example
BANKNIFTY,NSE
NIFTY,NSE
ACC,NSE

and so on, in notepad
and name/save it as a .txt file
TickerList.txt

rmike

@bocean770

Had you taken the effort to read the help file, Para 5(a) would have amply resolved your query. Quoting the same for reference (v1.3 help).

5. Inside the PyDownloader Folder, apart from utility uninstall, you’ll find the following:-

(a) ‘TickerList’ (Text File) – GoogleFinance [Symbol,Exchange] Identifier
Format. Sample tickers of various exchanges are available for example reference
(Fig-1). Input each desired Ticker,Exchange combination in a separate line without spaces. The utility handles the ‘ampersand’ (&) character transform within the utility itself to obviate the manual drudgery of substituting ‘ampersand’ with “%26” notation. Similarly, the output data is written to file by maintaining the ‘&’ character (Fig-1). The maximum limit of the TickerList is 300 Tickers.
Therefore google finance identifier in TickerList for Facebook would be - FB,NASDAQ
Going by the illustrated example, you can similarly work out other identifiers for your markets of interest by the google symbol,exchange combination, as desired.

The PyDownloader is a data downloader/ backfill utility by design. It downloads the data 'as is' as provided by google finance. The max granularity is 1 min.

Last edited:

okabira

hi rmike bro.. wassup

pydownloader running excellent even after 8 months .. thanks for that...

i noticed that when we use pydownloader v2 ... it downloads some temporary files .. in %temp%

I cleaned about 10 GB of data downloaded from pydonwloader ..
I was curious to know what gets downloaded during fetching ?
size of files are small but ... quantity is huge like more than 200-300 k
some files examples are ...

Capture.JPG

rmike

okabira said:
I was curious to know what gets downloaded during fetching ?
Apart from data ........ nothing else! :)

okabira said:
... it downloads some temporary files .. in %temp%
Since PyDownloader is running as a bundled app in your system wherein python is not installed, it needs to create a temp supportive environment for it to function. These files shown by you are not downloaded but are created by the the utility and pertain to command/ library components for the code

okabira said:
hi rmike bro.. wassup
Working on a composite methodology for analyzing the markets, just busy with the code

okabira

Since PyDownloader is running as a bundled app in your system wherein python is not installed, it needs to create a temp supportive environment for it to function. These files shown by you are not downloaded but are created by the the utility and pertain to command/ library components for the code

bro I installed python on 1st day of pydownloader ..

anyways. ..

could you give me link to python compiler?
I tried diff. links on their websites but none were compiler in which i can write code to learn printing
"hello world !"
lol

rmike

okabira said:
bro I installed python on 1st day of pydownloader ..
That's fine, but as long as the utility is being run from the distro, it'll follow the compiled instructions for its functioning. The systems with python (and requisite library components) installed can carry out the same function via the core code as a python script file :)

okabira said:
could you give me link to python compiler?
A compiler is only required if you want to make a distro. Python being an interpreted language, the code can be run from the script file itself. For coding, only an IDE is required

You can use the built-in native IDE called IDLE

OR an IDE called Jupyter is fairly popular with people starting out with Python

OR for people desiring a full featured IDE for hardcore coding, there's one called PyCharm which comes highly recommended

Choosing an IDE ought rather to be dependent upon eventual end requirement and proficiency, IMO

It is, obviously, required to put in the necessary hard work to get thoroughly acquainted with a particular IDE :)

In addition, before everything can work as desired, you'll have to sort out the environmental variables associated with Python & library package installation(s) - but then, you'll come to know all this yourself as and when you decide to embark on this journey :)

Cheerio!

That's fine, but as long as the utility is being run from the distro, it'll follow the compiled instructions for its functioning. The systems with python (and requisite library components) installed can carry out the same function via the core code as a python script file :)

A compiler is only required if you want to make a distro. Python being an interpreted language, the code can be run from the script file itself. For coding, only an IDE is required

You can use the built-in native IDE called IDLE

OR an IDE called Jupyter is fairly popular with people starting out with Python

OR for people desiring a full featured IDE for hardcore coding, there's one called PyCharm which comes highly recommended

Choosing an IDE ought rather to be dependent upon eventual end requirement and proficiency, IMO

It is, obviously, required to put in the necessary hard work to get thoroughly acquainted with a particular IDE :)

In addition, before everything can work as desired, you'll have to sort out the environmental variables associated with Python & library package installation(s) - but then, you'll come to know all this yourself as and when you decide to embark on this journey :)

Cheerio!

Can you please share the python script source code for version 1.3
I believe that the problem started when we could not adapt the datadownloader to accommodate the finance.google.com beacuse we did not had the source code for it and its developer is no longer supporting it.
I think it should not happen with this utility. This utility is great but i believe in sharing the python source code. Not all traders are developers but somewhere someone can take advantage of this script and can improve on it than reinventing the wheel

I am a developer and I wished if you could also append the Exchange information (NSE, NYSE etc) in the output.
That is because I use a mixed (realtime, intraday, eod) database in amibroker.

My EOD symbols are imported with exchange info from GetBhavcopy
I want to import IEOD data from your pyDownloader
Realtime from RTNow utility from Trade Tiger.

So, both GetBhavcopy and RTNow has exchange info in output, I wish if you could accommodate the exchange name in the output then it will be great. If you could share the py script, nothing like it.

Editing the CSV in excel to add the exchange name is doable, if feel in the long run it should be done by the utility itself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 140