PyDownloader

Rmike sir,
Many thanks for your selfless efforts to help trader friends.
google finance symbols for NSE & BSE sectorial indices..

INDEXBOM: SENSEX
INDEXBOM:BSE-100
INDEXBOM:BSE-200
INDEXBOM:BSE-500
INDEXBOM:BSE-AUTO
INDEXBOM:BSE-BANK
INDEXBOM:BSE-CG
INDEXBOM:BSE-CD
INDEXBOM:BSE-FMCG
INDEXBOM:BSE-HC
INDEXBOM:BSE-IT
INDEXBOM:BSE-MIDCAP
INDEXBOM:BSE-METAL
INDEXBOM:BSE-OILGAS
INDEXBOM:BSE-POWER
INDEXBOM:BSE-PSU
INDEXBOM:BSE-REALTY
INDEXBOM:BSE-SMLCAP
INDEXBOM:BSE-TECK

NSE:CNX100
NSE:CNX500
NSE:NIFTY
NSE:BANKNIFTY
NSE:CNXMIDCAP
NSE:CNXIT
NSE:CNXPSE
NSE:CNXPSUBANK
NSE:CNXPHARMA
NSE:CNXFMCG
NSE:NIFTYJR
NSE:NIFTYMIDCAP50
NSE:NIFTYMIDLIQ15
NSE:NIFTYPVTBANK
NSE:NIFTYQUALITY30

@rmike

Thanks a lot for this utility. Its a big supporting utility for all member I think.
Thanks again to you and all supporting master to invent the utility....... !!!

:)

rmike

will you again post the new link of all liquid stocks
@ashish1980, a better way would be to inculcate the habit of self sufficiency by learning to use your TA platform effectively!

If you are using amibroker, then a simple, couple of lines, code would generate the same - as and when and as many times, as required!

Code:
Liq = LLV(V, 3);
Liq_Stk = Liq >= 400000;
SetSortColumns(-4);
Filter = Liq_Stk;
AddColumn(C, "Close", 1.2);
AddColumn(V, "Traded Volume", 1.0);
Edit: Figured that seeing volume information would also be handy in addition to generating just the tickerlist, hence edited code accordingly!

Last edited:

rmike

Bit of information ...... which is somewhat old hat by now. Had not bothered with it earlier as there didn't seem to be much of MetaStock clientele over here. But FWIW........

Had released a new (or rather, modified) version of PyDownloader on request from the MetaStock community in an other forum. This incorporates addition of column header information, removal of date separator and the generated file is in CSV format. Since I don't use MS myself, I've been given to understand that these 'mods' make the data amenable for importing in MS without undergoing complicated convolutions :joyful:

Since I had to anyways roll up my sleeves to modify the code, in addition to all the overhead for a new build ......... decided to incorporate feature of data download as per user defined bar interval for variable period! In simple terms it means that now one can download 2 min data for 30 days or 60 min data for 60 days etc. The max period limits are as per google's policy and are mentioned in the utility itself :cool:

Even though, personally speaking, anyone who meticulously updates his/ her database(s) on a daily/ regular basis with PyD v1.2 has hardly any need for the new features........ But like I said earlier ....... FWIW, attaching the link of PyD v1.3 for helping any MS users out here

As usual, the included 'format' file makes data import into ami a breeze too! :cool:

Also linking the post where it'd been earlier posted in an other forum - Because it contains much more information about the new build AND also because it saves me the effort of needless duplication ;):p

http://www.inditraders.com/235702-post57.html

P.S - Do read the 'Help' before usage

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 140