Profit Trading System Intraday and Swing!

spiritunit

Yet another Intraday/swing trading system (I named as Profit Trading System aka PTS) that I found pretty useful which gives more good signals to take the position either long or short. This method has been tested by real trades in Nifty Futures and the results are great as well as very less loss trades! (can't avoid loss trades on any intraday/swing system)

After testing lots of setups like different time frame, EMAs and I finally settled up with this setup that gives very less whipsaws/losses and in good profits as well. For some reasons, on 3 Mins chart, 30 EMA takes a big support, most of the time when the candles touch the 30 EMA, it turns again to the trend and if it breaks the 30 EMA and there is reverse trend happens. This setup clearly gives early signals to take position for any big movements either way. You need live charting facility to use this system (I am using Sharekhan for charting, I recommend icharts.in, Ami as well). I have tested this method live trades only with Nifty Futures, as the stocks chart is doesn't good in this setup for intraday or swing.

Benefits of this strategy:
1. Gives Signal at the earliest to Enter the position.
2. Gives Signal to Exit the position at the right time.
3. Very low trades of Whipsaws that results in small losses.

Setup
3 Mins Candle Chart
5 EMA
30 EMA

Entry
When the 5 EMA cuts above 30 EMA take the position for long and same as vice versa for shorts.

Exit
When you're in long and the 5 EMA cuts below 30 EMA exit the position and take fresh position to shorts.

SL/TSL
There is no SL or TSL in this system, as we're just going to exit our positions as the crossover happens on 5 EMA and 30 EMA.

Holding
I mostly suggest to cover the position on EOD and not to hold for next day, as if the markets open gapup/gapdown on next day morning, sometimes you get big losses if it opens against your positions. Sometimes, it gives good profits as well, so hold the positions on your own decision or exit on EOD and take fresh positions next day according to the chart settings.

Suggestions:
1. Not to use this setup on Future Expiry day, as you know particularly on that day lots of whipsaws happen.
2. Some days on flat market also, you caught on whipsaws, but as said, those will be very minimum losses.
3. After taking the positions, do not try to predict the market, just keep watching the live charts and take appropriate actions when the cross over happens.

Check out the charts on the next post for more clear picture :)

Last edited:

spiritunit

PTS Explanation: On the Chart,

1. Long: Taking the position for long after 5 EMA crossover 30 EMA.
2. Exit Long and Enter Short: As this trade ends in a whipsaw, we close our long position here and takes position for Shorts.
3. Exit Short on EOD or Hold: After taking the short position, the trade didn't gives signal to close on EOD, as said in the above post, you can either close the position or hold for next day. Luckily, the next gap down happens and if you have hold your positions from yesterday, now you're in good profits.
4. Fresh position to Enter: If you don't have any positions from yesterday, now you can take on fresh positions on this level, as 30 EMA takes support and goes down!
5. Support: More supports till EOD

Attachments

spiritunit

Whipsaws:
As you can refer the chart below, some of your trades end up on losses due to whipsaws, but as said, those loss trades are in low points and we never knew whether it going to whipsaw or not!

The below chart is taken on a Future Expiry day and you can see lots of whipsaws, so its better to avoid trading with this setting on expiry day!

Attachments

spiritunit

thanks a lot
Even a novice like me is able to follow at the first look
However, i need to practice at my terminal.do some paper trades before venturing into real trade
once again thanks
Yes, the steps are very simple, nothing complicated techniques! As you said, at the start do some paper trades, then can try real trades of Minifty and then you can go for Nifty Futures!!

I will add some more tips later on for Entry and Exit levels! Keep watching :thumb:

spiritunit

will you help me installing this in my system through teamviewer, if you can spare some time
Sure, if you're using Sharekhan's Tradetiger, I have this setup template. PM me your Teamviewer ID and Pass! or if you know how to load the template, I will give the template and you can load it yourself!

Last edited:

spiritunit

Another gap down today, so will wait for 30 EMA touch before taking fresh positions, as I don't have any positions now :D