Premium Eating Strategy - BankNifty Weekly Options

mycall

Yes. Mind boggling movement in the end.
Lucky that you could exit without much harm.
Regards
Yes... I would not exit if I don't have any plan to take new positions. It was quite natural to hang on with the positions as it dropped pretty fast from the highs and today was monthly expiry. Most traders were not expecting anything like this.

SarangSood

WoooW... what a pull up at the fag end... sure have surprised many... caught many on the wrong foot... very very rare on an expiry day...

something cooking for sure... NF was kicking high... BNF was not following... today its showed its colour and proved many of us wrong...

I was lucky to get out with I guess a minor hit... lucky because I was planning to enter next trade and for that I needed margin... so I had to exit... it turned out to be hell of a lucky exit :)
Yea there was a bump in the short strangle at 3pm for about 5 mins. But overall was still a good day for writers. The premiums were good enough in the put side to absorb the movement.

mycall

Directional Trade using Conservative Strategy

I am a superconservative trader. I always look for protecting/saving investment while earning considerable return (in my view though) from the investments. I never go for big returns from the market. Tried those a lot during earlier years. My experience says that we, specially retail traders with 1-2-3lacs can't compete with big guns... who are out there to make a killing. Today's last few minutes surely gave most traders some hard experience.

This strategy is about how I see a directional trade through my conservative viewpoint.

Directional trade means when I find some price point, from which, price is expected to travel either side significantly. This prince point can be a major S/R level or a candlestick setup/pattern or a EMA break or through any western indicator.

Simple Entry
Employ Credit Spread (CS) at the ATM opposite side option of the movement. Means if price is to go up CS to be taken at ATM PE side. Credit points will be anywhere between 40-50.

If trade is in favor profit booking can be done anytime preferable or can see the expiry. Aggressive traders can ride the trend by trailing the CS when next resistance level is broken. Pros already know how to ride trends.

S/L is when price hits the buy strike of the CS. At this point max loss will be about 8-10 pts.

Complex Entry
Employ CS as explained in the simple entry. Add another CS at the ATM+-200 or 300 strike at the direction of the movement (opposite side of the previous CS). Means if the ATM CS is in PE... this CS should be in CE. Credit point of this CS will be about 20-22.

If trade is in favor... hold hold the trades until price hits the second CS's buy strike. ATM CS can be trailed to increase profit.

If trade fails exit ATM CS when price hits it's buy strike, and keep holding the opposite strike CS.

This is exclusively Directional Trade. Not for neutral market. This is for conservative traders like me. I like to take it easy on health... just kidding :)

Paper Trade this strategy for a few times and then decide. Trade at your own risk.

Correct chart reading or finding right direction is important. It will not harm much if caught in wrong foot though.

mycall

Placed order to take new position... Main options (Aug) shorts @27400 and current (2nd) buy 26600PE and 28100CE... Seen the trade book that PE got through but CE got hung up in the tangle...

So tomorrow I have to see if I am able to short 27400CE in the morning
Today morning shorted 27500CE (30Aug)

Shifted short PE from 27400PE to 27500PE (30Aug)
Profit booked in PE: 11.75pts (409.25-397.50)

Shifted buy 26600PE (2nd Aug) to 26800PE (2nd Aug)
Loss booked in PE: 5.15 (17.9-12.75)

jetking

Shifted short 27500PE to 27600PE (@412.60) (30Aug)
Profit booked: 52.65 (432.65-380)

Shifted buy 26800CE to 27000CE (@22.95) (2nd Aug)
Loss booked: 10.1pts (22.5-12.4)
mycall
do you have any S/L for this strategy..?

mycall

Shifted short 27500PE to 27600PE (@412.60) (30Aug)
Profit booked: 52.65 (432.65-380)

Shifted buy 26800CE to 27000CE (@22.95) (2nd Aug)
Loss booked: 10.1pts (22.5-12.4)
I am extremely sorry...

I misrepresented... it should be
Shifted buy 26800PE to 27000PE (@22.95) (2nd Aug)