Powergrid - Intrim dividend on record date March11th

Pattel

I bought power grid shares yesterday(March 10) as 93rs seemed to be very attractive for me. Today i learnt that power grid is giving interim dividend on record date March 11th.

1. Am i eligible to get that?
2. Do i need to do anything to get it? I mean filling a form or something

Thanks in advance for your replies

Thats news,

Power Grid Corporation Of India Limited has informed the Exchange that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on March 05, 2008 has declared Interim dividend - 5% of share capital i.e., Re.0.50 per share of Rs. 10/- each. Date: 2008-03-05

But record date is Not mar 11, I guess, It is mar 5th.

even if it is mar 11, You will not be eligible as the share will creidt to your account T+3(or 2) so, You will get share only on 13-mar

Pattel

where u get that date man ??
Data from BSE site.

Thats news,

Power Grid Corporation Of India Limited has informed the Exchange that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on March 05, 2008 has declared Interim dividend - 5% of share capital i.e., Re.0.50 per share of Rs. 10/- each. Date: 2008-03-05

But record date is Not mar 11, I guess, It is mar 5th.

even if it is mar 11, You will not be eligible as the share will creidt to your account T+3(or 2) so, You will get share only on 13-mar
But anyhow, i'm not going to get this as per your reply.

Thanks for your replies.

Meeting was held on march 5th but the record date was march 11. From bse website

Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd has informed BSE that a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Company will be held on March 05, 2008, inter alia, to consider, declaration of Interim Dividend for the Financial Year 2007-08.

Further the Company has informed that, March 11, 2008 has been fixed as the Record Date for the purpose of payment of interim dividend, if declared.