Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

Subhadip

Questions on the last trading day for Yes Bank:

A. Price opens in previous day's range and makes a high above PDH in the first candle. This forms a pivot and a break of this should be a long entry(on C5), correct?

Price doesn't break out above PDH. By candle 8(C8 on chart), do we say its a breakout failure since it closes below PDH? Does this also mean we can take a short below the break of C8? If not, do we wait for price to close below ERL (Callout 2) and then go short at Callout 3?

B. Or do we look at low of candle C1 and high of C5 and say price is moving sideways and stay out of trade?

Sorry for the long winded question. :eek:

Thank you :)
In pivot there is no concept of PDH or PDL.

We work on last day afternoon range. We avoid that.

Hope u r not mixing too many concept.

Keep it simple.

PreSap

In pivot there is no concept of PDH or PDL.

We work on last day afternoon range. We avoid that.

Hope u r not mixing too many concept.

Keep it simple.
I probably have, without even knowing it. I assumed it was related to the same method.

Thanks for pointing this out!

I guess, if we work with afternoon range, according to pivot, it is no trade zone, correct?

Subhadip

I probably have, without even knowing it. I assumed it was related to the same method.

I guess, if we work with afternoon range, according to pivot, it is no trade zone, correct?
Nice break out failure is there. See 15 min or 30 min chart u will find it

rjshem

Presap do not mix my concepts with subhadips teaching. i will not post here from now to not confuse people . subhadip is doing great work here so i will post mainly in other threads or open my own later when have more time.sorry subhadip for the deviations caused due to my postings.

Subhadip

Presap do not mix my concepts with subhadips teaching. i will not post here from now to not confuse people . subhadip is doing great work here so i will post mainly in other threads or open my own later when have more time.sorry subhadip for the deviations caused due to my postings.
Please do continue...nothing specific..he was mixing and was not understanding the basic.

After knowing basics ...all do these kind of tricks..

Questions on the last trading day for Yes Bank:

A. Price opens in previous day's range and makes a high above PDH in the first candle. This forms a pivot and a break of this should be a long entry(on C5), correct?

Price doesn't break out above PDH. By candle 8(C8 on chart), do we say its a breakout failure since it closes below PDH? Does this also mean we can take a short below the break of C8? If not, do we wait for price to close below ERL (Callout 2) and then go short at Callout 3?

B. Or do we look at low of candle C1 and high of C5 and say price is moving sideways and stay out of trade?

Sorry for the long winded question. :eek:

Thank you :)
Long above C5 (mph) but price never crosses that pivot.
Short can be taken below C8 (1632) but these types of contra trades requires good experience. Initially avoid these contra trades.
It would be great if you watch the types of charts and try to understand them. These types of setup will repeat over and over again. :thumb: