Pivot, Support , Resistance Calculator

srisara said:
Friends,

just try this tool developed by me. It calculates automatically all the R3, R2, R1, Pivot , S1, S2, S3 points for the next day.

The input for this application is a flat file with stock quotes.
the zip files has 2 files

1. Pivot.exe the executable file you should run
2. stock.ini file, where you can store your favourite stocks(e.g infosys,hinlev,icici,wipro,satcom)

the names should match with the names in flat file.

let me know, if it works fine.
Satya
Dear Mr Satya
I am not able to open the calculator. Could you pl help me how to use the same. Regards A.S.JOSHI

cico said:
what is pivot point ?
The pivot point is the level at which the market direction changes for the day. Using some simple arithmetic and the previous days high, low and close, a series of points are derived [as TANEWBIE explained in http://www.traderji.com/30343-post36.html]. These points can be critical support and resistance levels.

The pivot level and levels calculated from that are collectively known as pivot levels.

Because so many traders follow pivot points you will often find that the market reacts at these levels. This give you an opportunity to trade.

The three most important pivot points are R1, S1 and the actual pivot point.

If the market opens above the pivot point then the bias for the day is for long trades as long as price remains above the pivot point. If the market opens below the pivot point then the bias for the day is for short trades as long as the market remains below the pivot point.

The general idea behind trading pivot points is to look for a reversal or break of R1 or S1. By the time the market reaches R2,R3 or S2,S3 the market will already be overbought or oversold and these levels should be used for exits rather than entries.

Last edited:
Srisara,

I am unable to run the Calculator. The msg flashed is

Component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its components not correctlt registered: a file is missing or invalid

pls advise

Srisara,

I am unable to run the Calculator. The msg flashed is

Component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its components not correctlt registered: a file is missing or invalid

pls advise
oh,

download from this link, unzip and copy to system32 folder.

http://investbulls.com/downloads/Comdlg32.zip

open DOS prompt, change to system32 directory

and register it with following command in DOS Prompt

regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx

or simple

go to www.investbulls.com/pns.html and download stock tools, it will do the required work.

Satya

hello there...new to this forum...from new york do trade nasdaq stocks ....and basically i use pivot points a lot what formula i use is high+low+close+todays open divide by 4 =pivot point ....range=high-low.
resitsance=pivot+half of range and support=pivot-half of range.

can anyone kidnly tell me how to make calculator like make in visual basic so i cut all paper work....please help me at [email protected]

murthymsr

hello there...new to this forum...from new york do trade nasdaq stocks ....and basically i use pivot points a lot what formula i use is high+low+close+todays open divide by 4 =pivot point ....range=high-low.
resitsance=pivot+half of range and support=pivot-half of range.

can anyone kidnly tell me how to make calculator like make in visual basic so i cut all paper work....please help me at [email protected]
hi swati,

it's herculian task to calculate every time. some friends in the forum developed a few software which does this and a few more things also.

http://www.traderji.com/54514-post1.html

on following the links provided, may be you can develop your own & share with others.

all the best.
MurthyMSR

Friends,

just try this tool developed by me. It calculates automatically all the R3, R2, R1, Pivot , S1, S2, S3 points for the next day.

The input for this application is a flat file with stock quotes.
the zip files has 2 files

1. Pivot.exe the executable file you should run
2. stock.ini file, where you can store your favourite stocks(e.g infosys,hinlev,icici,wipro,satcom)

the names should match with the names in flat file.

let me know, if it works fine.
Satya

hello,
my name is sachin
i have just joined this site today
so please help me.
give me a different type of software which can be used as technical analysis