Performance Postmortem

Sir,how is that 10k loss?
That was going against the trend. I failed to notice that Unionbank that day had open=low, and insisted on shorting it when it reached a trading range of 3Rs. The loss made me blind and led to a suicide day where I kept adding to the losing position.

I lack the agility to be a day trader, the agility that requires you to reverse your position, or at least get out of the way. Seeing red blinds me, so I need a lot of self-training to overcome that. I look back, and I see that the small profit days (200-500Rs) helped me build up the account. The small loss days were acceptable. But seems that I couldn't keep a level head.

The last time I had 2 consecutive red days was 30th Nov and 1st Dec.

Day trading is mainly tough because it needs you to keep a level head without any supervision.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
no bro. No shop(s) now. Shut down all that in 2014. But not a full-time trader due to some family reasons. Shuttling between different stations, living out of a travel bag, working the laptop :).
TGS (timepass general store) shop closed. hame to ab pata chala. lekin good to see ki your trading is showing better results now.

Last edited:

pannet1

That was going against the trend. I failed to notice that Unionbank that day had open=low, and insisted on shorting it when it reached a trading range of 3Rs. The loss made me blind and led to a suicide day where I kept adding to the losing position.

I lack the agility to be a day trader, the agility that requires you to reverse your position, or at least get out of the way. Seeing red blinds me, so I need a lot of self-training to overcome that. I look back, and I see that the small profit days (200-500Rs) helped me build up the account. The small loss days were acceptable. But seems that I couldn't keep a level head.

The last time I had 2 consecutive red days was 30th Nov and 1st Dec.

Day trading is mainly tough because it needs you to keep a level head without any supervision.
Hi timepass,

I would like to know how you select the stocks for day trading
can you post the chart with entries and exits.
it looks like we may learn some tricks from you.
who knows may be we could provide some tips to you.

i have a strange problem now.
my win:loss is 50:50 almost.
my losses are smaller than the wins.
it looks like a cat on the wall, i am bit worried.
My SL is Rs 1000 away and stops are wider (position is sized), hence my quantity used to trade is very less.
My exits are not as big as my SL if the trade works out in my way.
So, it looks like my average RR is 1:0.5 which is sure sign of a looser in the long run.

cheers

Hi timepass,

I would like to know how you select the stocks for day trading
can you post the chart with entries and exits.
it looks like we may learn some tricks from you.
who knows may be we could provide some tips to you.

i have a strange problem now.
my win:loss is 50:50 almost.
my losses are smaller than the wins.
it looks like a cat on the wall, i am bit worried.
My SL is Rs 1000 away and stops are wider (position is sized), hence my quantity used to trade is very less.
My exits are not as big as my SL if the trade works out in my way.
So, it looks like my average RR is 1:0.5 which is sure sign of a looser in the long run.

cheers
Thanks pannet1, but I am not the best example to emulate. I look at the charts, but trade as per gut feeling. That seems to be my strange problem.

As for stock selection, I mostly trade Unionbank or Orientbank, either EQ or Futures.

pannet1

Thanks pannet1, but I am not the best example to emulate. I look at the charts, but trade as per gut feeling. That seems to be my strange problem.

As for stock selection, I mostly trade Unionbank or Orientbank, either EQ or Futures.
if i compare your experience with mine, i am nothing. You need to succeed in this ONE life. I have just posted on what i am doing

Thanks for the tip, i am going to watch Unionbank or Orientbank, from tomorrow.

The first thing you need to do is follow a system, it could be as complex as you want, but once you explain the system, you could be able to make it repeatable to anyone in this world.

i am planning to post one 5 min bar everyday and to request traders to tell what quantity they are going to trade and whether they are going to go short or long. the capital will be fixed for this exercise. Not sure where to begin (start a new thread or continue with an existing one).

The first thing you need to do is follow a system,
That's what I've been trying for nearly 10 years :)

Anyway, wish you the best. I am told that Yesbank too is very good for intraday. Will start looking at that.

pannet1

That's what I've been trying for nearly 10 years :)

Anyway, wish you the best. I am told that Yesbank too is very good for intraday. Will start looking at that.
My spiritual master says, a person trying will never do it. So you DO it soon.

A discretionary trader can only blame himself, but a systematic trader can blame the system. Well there is no question of blaming it. If it comes .. its only after he/she failed in the real market with the prior backtesting of 10,000 trades showing an edge/acceptable drawdown.

See BPCL too, we need a volatile beast that is predictable and goes in one direction or other, once it sets it mind.

LOVEENAJYOTHI

if i compare your experience with mine, i am nothing. You need to succeed in this ONE life. I have just posted on what i am doing

Thanks for the tip, i am going to watch Unionbank or Orientbank, from tomorrow.

The first thing you need to do is follow a system, it could be as complex as you want, but once you explain the system, you could be able to make it repeatable to anyone in this world.

i am planning to post one 5 min bar everyday and to request traders to tell what quantity they are going to trade and whether they are going to go short or long. the capital will be fixed for this exercise. Not sure where to begin (start a new thread or continue with an existing one).
Start a New Thread plz , absolutely no confusion there.
One humble request :
Plz dont use the words like Digestion theory/ 50 points theory or any other such Bull S theories that some are flooding the Forum with not even bothering to explain the basics of such "One fine morning Invented theories" .