Path to Consistency

HappyLife

I don’t go overboard beyond my size limit, I know where I will crack. Why to even trade a size which beyond our handling (emotion) capability.
:thumb::thumb:

everybody will crack beyond their risk appetite …….. while trading only fool don’t know how much he can risk (afford to loss)

Subhadip

Path to Consistency

What is our aim?

To get more than 30% return per year.

Now if we divide it into monthly: 2.5% per month.

Is it easy? Not at all.
So, we have to build our system to get more than 3% return per month.

Is Future trading using Nifty Future or BNF is sufficient?

Yes, but it is not risk free also not consistent. So we will avoid in this system.

Subhadip

Path to Consistency

What is our aim?

To get more than 30% return per year.

Now if we divide it into monthly: 2.5% per month.

Is it easy? Not at all.
So, we have to build our system to get more than 3% return per month.

Is Future trading using Nifty Future or BNF is sufficient?

Yes, but it is not risk free also not consistent. So we will avoid in this system.
In trading, everything is against us- trader.

Only one thing is with us & will always be with us.... it is TIME.

Subhadip

So we will utilize some methods, some process so that we can get risk free/ controlled risk return of more than 2.5% per month CONSISTENTLY.

Also we will compound our return every month accordingly.

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
:thumb::thumb:

everybody will crack beyond their risk appetite …….. while trading only fool don’t know how much he can risk (afford to loss)

Agreed. But 'knowing' something is in the platonic stage, 'doing' is where "the poet cried". We all know smoking is injurious to health, still the smokers smoke. It is similar.

How it works in trading (giving example of my failures, none else, albeit 5-6 years ago, these days it is rare).

1st trade -correct trade size - Loss, setup failed
2nd trade - correct trade size - Loss, entry was wrong
3rd Trade - correct trade size - went in profit, hold it too long to cover earlier losses, market went aganist, gave away the profit
4 trade - really anxious now ("Knowing the right thing" is just being thrown out of window) - 4 X normal trade size = Market swinged a MAE, Panicked and exited with decent loss only to see entry was right and trade would have gone in favour if held

Sounds familiar? If not, you are a born trader (yes, they exist) and got good control on greed and fear

or

you are yet to see this happening, just matter of time.

I probably did all the possible mistake a trader possibly can do in his life. Probably if I write a book on my Failed Trades, it will be a good read. I never had any quality of a trader, the market litterally smoked me, grilled me in its fire to make what I am today.

Even now, Far from perfect, but this is why I know - Knowing somethingg and Doing samething is most difficult when you are in trading.

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
This thread is going a bit astray.....Subhdip,steer it in the direction you have in mind.

ST
Spoiler alert noted. in Listener mode now.