Path to Consistency

Subhadip

i did not even travel near the land you are talking about. There are two ideas, both are in tricking the mind.

1) If we design our systems in a such way we cannot see money but only points and return % (including open positions)

2) if we have a system in which you never close a loosing trade. Assuming you have a hedge and you some kind of double the winning side.

The 2) mentioned above really worked for me. But i am a very small capital. I dont think it will not work when it becomes big. Getting the fills may be difficult but its a different thing.
Number 1 is not possible, just to tell as example:

U can see my trades in Lets double in 40 trades- where i sometime taken risk of more than 2 %. Now if capital is 4 L- risk: 8 to 9 K say.

But when Capital is Say 30 L- risk 2%=60K per trade. If u loose say 2 trade: lost 1.2 L.

That some how effect emotion.

This is I am discussing.

Now if you can tell us more about your number 2 point.

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
One day u will surely understand what I am telling my dear friend.

There is nothing called EMOTIONLESS trading. We r HUMAN.
Well Yes. Emotion"less" - RSI of the quoted part when in overbought zone, may be we are good. :)

Don't want to sound argumentive to someone for whom I have lots of respect, as always;

So keeping it crisp- Absolute emotionless trading is not possible, neither needed.

All we need enough handle on the emotional side so that we can stay in the game as per plan.

pannet1

Number 1 is not possible, just to tell as example:

U can see my trades in Lets double in 40 trades- where i sometime taken risk of more than 2 %. Now if capital is 4 L- risk: 8 to 9 K say.

But when Capital is Say 30 L- risk 2%=60K per trade. If u loose say 2 trade: lost 1.2 L.

That some how effect emotion.

This is I am discussing.

Now if you can tell us more about your number 2 point.
Ha ha. You are talking about extraordinary risky trades. But say you started with a 2% of your capital and double it. I did a similar martingale effort with $50. Because of MM I get blown. The design of MM is not correct in the lot SKEW. Otherwise there is no emotion because when you invested 2% you are ready to loose it.

2) I am doing adjustments from Horizontals and Diagonals with BN weekly and Monthly. It all recorded in my diary in TJI. When a trail stop is hit I still take home money but the losses are built into the additional leg.

3) And now I thought of the third one. Create dump disciples and split your account and let them trade as per your system.

Subhadip

Well Yes. Emotion"less" - RSI of the quoted part when in overbought zone, may be we are good. :)

Don't want to sound argumentive to someone for whom I have lots of respect, as always;

So keeping it crisp- Absolute emotionless trading is not possible, neither needed.

All we need enough handle on the emotional side so that we can stay in the game as per plan.
Just ENJOY what you are doing my dear friend...

"As per plan"- this changes to consistency & compounding when Capital become big. That is also as per plan to change the way of trading...

Now just one example:

in any time give order of NF -Say 300 quantity- no problem of execution..is not it?

But if the order is 3300 quantity... will it be executed instantly..no, it will not....Also none will give market order of 3300 quantity...

Just think of that...

Subhadip

Ha ha. You are talking about extraordinary risky trades. But say you started with a 2% of your capital and double it. I did a similar martingale effort with $50. Because of MM I get blown. The design of MM is not correct in the lot SKEW. Otherwise there is no emotion because when you invested 2% you are ready to loose it.

2) I am doing adjustments from Horizontals and Diagonals with BN weekly and Monthly. It all recorded in my diary in TJI. When a trail stop is hit I still take home money but the losses are built into the additional leg.

3) And now I thought of the third one. Create dump disciples and split your account and let them trade as per your system.
I was talking about Nifty Future, not OPTIONS.

For big capital Option selling is the best with some small Future trades.

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Ya your recent 3 emotional posts (in another thread) shows that tonight u wont be able to sleep. :D:D :p
:lol::rofl: Well , I saw this one coming. Buddy, on my journal I already booked a loss in advance with 100 pips. I will sleep peacefully. After 16 hours slogging at work desk, that's the last thing I want.

And (Dow Mata ki Jai ho), 100 pips to nahi hoga at open.

Subhadip

:lol::rofl: Well , I saw this one coming. Buddy, on my journal I already booked a loss in advance with 100 pips. I will sleep peacefully. After 16 hours slogging at work desk, that's the last thing I want.

And (Dow Mata ki Jai ho), 100 pips to nahi hoga at open.
The day u stop seeing DOW/ S&P /SGX Nifty on Saturday, Sunday & Holidays.....u will know that U r Emotionless in trading...

As the capital is small, we go for larger returns,but as the capital grows to say 1-2 crores and above, we go for lower risks and lower returns..one would not like to trade aggressively on that capital which he has accumulated painstakingly .

One way is employ your capital in different areas like mutual funds,investments,real estate and create many revenue streams..that way it is easy to handle larger capital.....but we cannot expect the returns which trading on small capital gives .

Smart_trade

pannet1

I was talking about Nifty Future, not OPTIONS.

For big capital Option selling is the best with some small Future trades.
Bhai,

I think you have 2+ successful trading systems. When you wanted to select one that can be scaled then you can select one that will not book loss even if SL is hit. That's the point I am trying to make.

lemondew

Totally agree. Also wdnt the requirements change once someone has 50 lacs he dont need another 50 lacs in a month or 2.

a 1 lac guy would try to double. 1 lac a person may require

Exactly that is my point.....it is very easy to make 1 lakh to 2 lakh, but very very difficult to do the same thing from 25 lakh to 50 lakh.

Then the system you are doing in 1 lakh or 2 L can not be done.

Why can't be done if he was doing it???

Due to our emotion.

So then the trading path has to be changed.

So then we have to go for Consistency, then go for Compounding.

I am not criticizing any one. Just my experience sharing & just following my path.

That is all.

Sometime we have to change according to situation.

Last edited: