Original Turtle Rules - As A Complete Trading System

SavantGarde

Hello Friends,

Perhaps One Of The Most Overlooked Trading System In Existence & Probably The Only Complete Sytem.

The Original Turtle Rules - Is A Complete Trading System, One That Covers Every Aspect Of Trading, and Leaves Virtually No Decision To The Subjective Whims Of The Trader.

The Components Of A Complete System
  • MARKETS - What To Buy or Sell
  • POSITION SIZING - How Much To Buy or Sell
  • ENTRIES - When To Buy or Sell
  • STOPS - When To Get Out Of A Losing Position
  • EXITS - When To Get Out Of A Winning Position
  • TACTICS - How To Buy or Sell

Anticipating the Most FAQ - Would surely be the "Dollar Point" in the Equation​

Dollar Point as an Illustration for easier understanding would be 1 for Shares since they are Traded in a Minimum Quantity of 1 & likewise for Futures Contract would be the Minimum Lot Size of The Particular Futures Contract. eg. Nifty Future would be 100 since it is traded in a Minimum Lot Size of 100
The Turtle Rules Complete Trading System PDF is being attached herewith this Thread & I hope All interested in a Mechanical System will Find it useful.

Any Criticism & Opinions from All are welcome to Post here in this Thread

PLEASE NOTE: Since, I am limited by the size of the Attachment that can be posted in the Thread, The Complete Set Shall Have 5 Parts.. TurtleRules-1, TurtleRules-2, so on & so forth.

Update (6th March 2012) New Link for the single file & Many Thanks To Dev Da for Uploading

LINK
Turtle Rules

Enjoy Yourselves

SavantGarde

Last edited:
Re: Original Tutle Rules - As A Complete Trading System

Great Stuff,Savant...

Thanks,
Saint

SavantGarde

Great Stuff,Savant...

Thanks,
Saint
Thank You, Saint....but the entire Credit is deserved by Richard Dennis & Bill Eckhardt.....& Curtis Faith....I have merely brought it up in the Forum...so that everybody knows the true History & the Workings of the System.

Many Pardons for missing a 'r' in the Title.

Thank you Once Again

SavantGarde

Thank You, Saint....but the entire Credit is deserved by Richard Dennis & Bill Eckhardt.....& Curtis Faith....I have merely brought it up in the Forum...so that everybody knows the true History & the Workings of the System.

Many Pardons for missing a 'r' in the Title.

Thank you Once Again

SavantGarde
ah,very true,my friend.....but still thanx to you for bringing it up over here.And speaking abt Curtis Faith,his forum at http://www.tradingblox.com/forum/ has some great stuff as well.

All the best!
Saint

AW10

Thanks Rajeevji for pulling out the gem from the archive of TJ.
And ofcourse, thank a lot Savant for sharing this with TJ - one of the most famous trading system that I have seen in Trading literature.

IMO, the crux of the system is in 5th pdf. Putting the extract here (specailly the highlighted part)..

But knowing these rules is not enough to make you rich. You have to be able to follow
them.

Remember what Richard Dennis said: “I always say that you could publish my trading
rules in the newspaper and no one would follow them. The key is consistency and
discipline. Almost anybody can make up a list of rules that are 80% as good as what we
taught our people. What they couldn’t do is give them the confidence to stick to those
rules even when things are going bad.” – From Market Wizards, by Jack D. Schwager.

Perhaps the best evidence that this is true is the performance of the Turtles themselves;
many of them did not make money. This was not because the rules didn’t work; it was
because they could not and did not follow the rules. By virtue of this same fact, few
who read this document will be successful trading the Turtle Trading Rules. Again; this
is not because the rules don’t work. It is because the reader simply won’t have the
confidence to follow them.

The Turtle rules are very difficult to follow because they depend on capturing relatively
infrequent large trends. As a result, many months can pass between winning periods; at
times even a year or two. During these periods it is easy to come up with reasons to
doubt the system, and to stop following the rules:

- What if the rules don’t work anymore? What if the markets have changed?
- What if there is something important missing from the rules?
- How can I be really sure that this works?
But certainly one can learn a lot by studying these rules (specially scale-in and trailing stoploss part). Personally, that is the part I had picked up from these rules and implemented in my systems. Somehow, I am not gifted by the patience that is required to trade this system.. so I don't trade this system or its variant.
But, Certainly I recommend the study of them to know how to define a proper trading system, completely.

Happy Trading