OrderMan - Ordering interface for NOW + Amibroker

TracerBullet

Hi TracerBullet,
I have been using this utility for last 1 years on SAS Nest Trader without any problem.
But 2 days ago my PC crashed and I had to reinstall everything.
Now when I use 'OrderMan' it says - Column Order Type not found in Order Book > Open Orders.
But I do have 'Order Type' in my Order Book.
I have checked if the Header Names have been changed using AU3_Spy. But nothing has changed.
I am really confused. And I am so addicted to this brilliant piece of software that I can't live without it.
Please please please help me !!!
Thanks,
Sunil Manohar
1) Save backup in future. Its portable so just zip and save
2) Are you running Nest as admin? If yes then OM must also be run with admin
3) If 2 is not issue, attach screenshot with error and Orderbook header text. Also attach GUIControls\Nest.ahk

Aman1

Hi Aman, thanks for your suggestion.
I know about Arthachitra for 1 year, also installed it, but hasn't used it yet.

Does it work well? How to get data into it? Is it free?

Thanks.
Yes it works well. You can get data from nest but no backfill but it is now enabled for truedata as well as many other sources. plz check. yes its free.

But this thread is about orderman so don't want to disturb the flow of this thread. so please put your questions to arthachitra support. Hope it helps.

1) Save backup in future. Its portable so just zip and save
2) Are you running Nest as admin? If yes then OM must also be run with admin
3) If 2 is not issue, attach screenshot with error and Orderbook header text. Also attach GUIControls\Nest.ahk
Hi TB,
thanks for the reply.
I always install all my trading applications (like Nest, Ami) in D drive and hence I never had to run them as Admin.
I am able to fetch data using RTD application.
But when I open OrderMan, it is unable to detect 'Order Type' in the header. Though it is able to open Order Book from menu.
I am attaching the screenshot of my Nest Trader: http://imgur.com/a/NbJyd
Also, I am attaching Nest.ahk.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3BRWIlEV-RGdjlyMFI5cUNfWmc/view?usp=sharing
Please help.
Thanks!

TracerBullet

Hi TB,
thanks for the reply.
I always install all my trading applications (like Nest, Ami) in D drive and hence I never had to run them as Admin.
I am able to fetch data using RTD application.
But when I open OrderMan, it is unable to detect 'Order Type' in the header. Though it is able to open Order Book from menu.
I am attaching the screenshot of my Nest Trader: http://imgur.com/a/NbJyd
Also, I am attaching Nest.ahk.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3BRWIlEV-RGdjlyMFI5cUNfWmc/view?usp=sharing
Please help.
Thanks!
Looks ok, check whats the header control id for Open Orders search in Orderbook. Its probaby ok, but verify it is "SysHeader321"

static ORDER_BOOK_OPEN_LIST_HEADER := "SysHeader321"
If its ok too, then zip and upload your OM folder. I will check it on my installation later.

Dear TracerBullet,
I guess I have figured out why OM is not working for me.
Most probably, the __ExternalHeaderLib.ahk file is not able to read column headers in my PC. This is just my guess.

Do we need to have some software installed in our PC for __ExternalHeaderLib.ahk to work? Some form of VC++ or something else?

Thanks,
Sunil Manohar

TracerBullet

Dear TracerBullet,
I guess I have figured out why OM is not working for me.
Most probably, the __ExternalHeaderLib.ahk file is not able to read column headers in my PC. This is just my guess.

Do we need to have some software installed in our PC for __ExternalHeaderLib.ahk to work? Some form of VC++ or something else?

Thanks,
Sunil Manohar
Strange since it worked earlier for you.

Its a external library i took from somewhere to reader search grid headers. I have no understanding of how it works internally, it uses some windows functions which is documented in the file itself.

1) You can try to debug it and/or understand the functions that it uses
2) Or you can bypass it and hardcode the columns positions. Look at Orderbook.ahk. _readColumnHeaders() and _extractColumnIndices(). These two functions setup data in _completedOrdersColumnIndex and _openOrdersColumnIndex which is then used in readOpenOrders() and readCompletedOrders(). You can comment out the header part and directly hardcode the indices in read functions

So for example, instead of
Code:
if( A_Index ==  index.orderType )
you can use
Code:
if( A_Index ==  1 )
If 1st column is OrderType in Nest

This has to be done for both readOpenOrders() and readCompletedOrders()

HI TracerBullet,
Now I am pretty sure that __ExternalHeaderLib.ahk is not working properly in my PC.

These are the things I did:

1) When I run OrderMan.ahk by double clicking it, it says 'Order Type' not found. So, clearly it is not able to read Column Headers.

2) If I open OrderMan.ahk in SciTe and then run from there, it again says 'Order Type' is not found.

3) But then, there is another great ahk script editor called 'AHK Studio' built very similar to Visual Studio. If you have not used it, use it. Its great for AHK.
Anyway, when I open OrderMan.ahk with AHK Studio and run from there, it runs perfectly. So, it is able to read Column Headers from AHK Studio.
----------------------------------

Just to confirm whether the problem is with reading Column Headers or not, I created a very small script myself for testing purpose. Here's the script:
PHP:
#NoEnv  
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% 
SetTitleMatchMode, 2 		

HeaderText := GetExternalHeaderText("Order Book", "SysHeader321") 

MsgBox, % HeaderText[1] " , " HeaderText[2]

#Include __ExternalHeaderLib.ahk
This little program also shows same behavior.
It is not able to read Column Headers if I run it by double clicking.
But if I run by first opening with AHK Studio, it runs perfectly and detects Column Headers.

By the way, it is not able to run even if I compile it and create an .exe file.

I am really confused :)

TracerBullet

HI TracerBullet,
Now I am pretty sure that __ExternalHeaderLib.ahk is not working properly in my PC.

These are the things I did:

1) When I run OrderMan.ahk by double clicking it, it says 'Order Type' not found. So, clearly it is not able to read Column Headers.

2) If I open OrderMan.ahk in SciTe and then run from there, it again says 'Order Type' is not found.

3) But then, there is another great ahk script editor called 'AHK Studio' built very similar to Visual Studio. If you have not used it, use it. Its great for AHK.
Anyway, when I open OrderMan.ahk with AHK Studio and run from there, it runs perfectly. So, it is able to read Column Headers from AHK Studio.
----------------------------------

Just to confirm whether the problem is with reading Column Headers or not, I created a very small script myself for testing purpose. Here's the script:
PHP:
#NoEnv  
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% 
SetTitleMatchMode, 2 		

HeaderText := GetExternalHeaderText("Order Book", "SysHeader321") 

MsgBox, % HeaderText[1] " , " HeaderText[2]

#Include __ExternalHeaderLib.ahk
This little program also shows same behavior.
It is not able to read Column Headers if I run it by double clicking.
But if I run by first opening with AHK Studio, it runs perfectly and detects Column Headers.

By the way, it is not able to run even if I compile it and create an .exe file.

I am really confused :)
Maybe there are some path issues

1) In your small script, add below to set Include Directory path and then make sure to enter path relative to Orderman.ahk in include statment
Code:
#Include %A_ScriptDir%
2) Try Using the bat file to run the program. Edit path to AHK portable if needed. This is how i use it.

batch file contents ( already there )
Code:
START ./../AHK/AutoHotkey.exe OrderMan.ahk
1st param is path to portable AHK exe and 2nd is entry point ahk file