ORB method for mcx

ashu1234

hi everyone pls tell me what timeframe used for ORB method in mcx commodity:confused::confused:
ORB is not about time frame but about how much time you need to wait to get the right direction of trend. Still try observing 15 minutes tf and moves usually after 12-1 pm Indian time.
Hope that helps.

ashu1234

Uploaded today's Crudeoil chart of 15 minutes. Today's range is marked in black lines 2892 and 2868 respectively. Its simply high and low of day till 1 pm.
There is no such rule regarding what time did you consider as opening, i just took time of 10 am to 1 pm as opening range as commodities trade round the clock and European session opens around 1 so i took my reference range as 10-1pm, now any break out above or below the high and low of this range is considered as break out. usually a 15 minute candle staying out of this range completely confirms break out. Watch price action and when this range breaks trade at that direction. Stop loss can be low of the range or any pivot or any other method of your choice.

Edit: Please take today's high as 2895 instead of 2892 as value of range high.

Last edited:

umeshmandal

Uploaded today's Crudeoil chart of 15 minutes. Today's range is marked in black lines 2892 and 2868 respectively. Its simply high and low of day till 1 pm.
There is no such rule regarding what time did you consider as opening, i just took time of 10 am to 1 pm as opening range as commodities trade round the clock and European session opens around 1 so i took my reference range as 10-1pm, now any break out above or below the high and low of this range is considered as break out. usually a 15 minute candle staying out of this range completely confirms break out. Watch price action and when this range breaks trade at that direction. Stop loss can be low of the range or any pivot or any other method of your choice.

Very nicely explained! Thanks. :thumb: :clapping:

very much thankyou :clapping::clapping:
i used 5 mins and 1hr time 10am to 11am thats y didnt find the right trade now i understand 1000 thanks for u r effort