Options Doubt

Subhadip

Then give appropriate example na. he wants to trade with 10 points stop loss. And 2k points deep ITM call will have 20 to 30 points bid ask spread.

suggest him a approach keeping his need and sl in view.
I am not proper person to tell him to change or do any thing...

I had very good experience in BNF trading in 3 min chart...

That is why I have told..

BTW ---I have no experience in trading Bank nifty Option weekly or monthly...

mohan.sic

I am not proper person to tell him to change or do any thing...

I had very good experience in BNF trading in 3 min chart...

That is why I have told..

BTW ---I have no experience in trading Bank nifty Option weekly or monthly...
I can understand your in-experience, but giving an example and later saying no exp on that will just confuse the person asking this query. Please post appropriate examples after studying and understanding them.

Subhadip

I think I have told okabira to study option from zerodha varsity.

Also I have told her or him to change strategy...Like buying deep ITM call and selling slightly ITM call.

Hope u also understand option Greeks.

If any one who does not understand do some calculation

Subhadip

I can understand your in-experience, but giving an example and later saying no exp on that will just confuse the person asking this query. Please post appropriate examples after studying and understanding them.
For my experience u can go through my signatures...PLEASE

mohan.sic

I think I have told okabira to study option from zerodha varsity.

Also I have told her or him to change strategy...Like buying deep ITM call and selling slightly ITM call.

Hope u also understand option Greeks.

If any one who does not understand do some calculation

I dint say anything about your exp. You yourself said that you don't know about BN options. You don't know bid-ask spread in deep itm call. And you said you don't know about BN options. Then why suggest on what you don't know ?

Please learn to accept and go on. Instead of that you are contradicting yourself in every post. This is not any knowledge testing. So please don't get offended. My only point is don't confuse readers with such examples. And when you give examples don't throw the calculation part on others. Its your job to explain. :)

Subhadip

I dint say anything about your exp. You yourself said that you don't know about BN options. You don't know bid-ask spread in deep itm call. And you said you don't know about BN options. Then why suggest on what you don't know ?

Please learn to accept and go on. Instead of that you are contradicting yourself in every post. This is not any knowledge testing. So please don't get offended. My only point is don't confuse readers with such examples. And when you give examples don't throw the calculation part on others. Its your job to explain. :)
Problem of bid ask in bank nifty....Not in nifty ....

okabira

acha bhai log yeh batao ..

NF LTP : 10,167
so for strike prices

ITM = all < 10200
ATM = 10200
OTM = 10250

right ?

Questions

1) If I want to BUY CE ,
so for 10200 , it would be 68*40 = 5100 . this is my total investment needed right ?

so on expiry day 26 oct ... it goes suppose 90.
therefore profit is 75*(90-68) = 75*22 = 1650 ??

2) on expiry day .. as I have bought . Suppose i forgot to.. auto square off .. so i have to pay STT on whole amount na ? very high right ??

3) suppose in intraday again 10200CE is at 68 ..
and .. I buy it .. puting SL possible and trade it like stock ???

I mean simply buy at 68 and SL is 63 ..... so here max risk is
5*75 = 375 ... right ??

Is it risky ?? i mean is there a possibilty to slip my SL .. like in equities as the drop may keep searching for next buyer ?? possible??

acha bhai log yeh batao ..

NF LTP : 10,167
so for strike prices

ITM = all < 10200
ATM = 10200
OTM = 10250

right ?

Questions

1) If I want to BUY CE ,
so for 10200 , it would be 68*40 = 5100 . this is my total investment needed right ?

so on expiry day 26 oct ... it goes suppose 90.
therefore profit is 75*(90-68) = 75*22 = 1650 ??

2) on expiry day .. as I have bought . Suppose i forgot to.. auto square off .. so i have to pay STT on whole amount na ? very high right ??

3) suppose in intraday again 10200CE is at 68 ..
and .. I buy it .. puting SL possible and trade it like stock ???

I mean simply buy at 68 and SL is 63 ..... so here max risk is
5*75 = 375 ... right ??

Is it risky ?? i mean is there a possibilty to slip my SL .. like in equities as the drop may keep searching for next buyer ?? possible??
1. Yes, all thinking is correct. (but 67 x 75 not 40) But why wait till expiry. You can square off option trade in next moment as well, if want to square it off. No problem in it.
2. If forgot to square off, then high STT has to be paid. But now a solution has been found for this as well. Let someone explain this solution, as I am not able to understand it (the whole procedure).
3. Options should be trade like stocks only. Yes max risk is 375, if SL triggers.
Bhai risky is a very subjective term. Options (I am talking of Nifty and BN options only) are very liquid, so slipping SL is not common, only if luck fails OR there is very fast fall, then there may be some possibility of it

BTW, are you for the first time to trade options. :)