Option Selling during quarterly results

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Once the position reaches 50-80% of initial premiums credited has reached.Even get out nearing expiry so that next series with more premiums can be taken.
y'day nifty expiry I did mistake of calculating based on just one leg's premium :p and paid price by closing my straddle (11900 strike) for 2-3 points. Else I could have got targeted 30 points or whole 70 (if only kept till last hour, which is hypothetical as I know myself wouldn't have waited after 2pm)

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
y'day nifty expiry I did mistake of calculating based on just one leg's premium :p and paid price by closing my straddle (11900 strike) for 2-3 points. Else I could have got targeted 30 points or whole 70 (if only kept till last hour, which is hypothetical as I know myself wouldn't have waited after 2pm)
Yes.Nifty theta decay you can feel 2:30 onwards BN i have observed only after 3:15 PM . Also on Friday evening the IV 's drop.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Phew!! three days it took to build the basic version of OI and Change in OI. The chart has a zoom and save option. Did it in Python. Since the Strike price occupy space created the data as a tool tip. Still lots of work needs to be done. for now it has to be run manually each time to get the live data.

1603887504304.png

checkmate7

Phew!! three days it took to build the basic version of OI and Change in OI. The chart has a zoom and save option. Did it in Python. Since the Strike price occupy space created the data as a tool tip. Still lots of work needs to be done. for now it has to be run manually each time to get the live data.

View attachment 44702
Nice work Sanju bhai :)

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
good work Sanju bhai...

i use free site for similar purpose, it does have historical oi, live oi, option chain etc.

View attachment 44703
Though I use a paid site I dont trust that it refreshes on time. What to do with time in hand and a good way of keeping myself busy so that I dont tinker with my open positions or take some kujli trades. Someday these free sites will become paid so trying to build for myself. Many more features to create. I was supposed to do this last year but got delayed.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Though I use a paid site I dont trust that it refreshes on time. What to do with time in hand and a good way of keeping myself busy so that I dont tinker with my open positions or take some kujli trades. Someday these free sites will become paid so trying to build for myself. Many more features to create. I was supposed to do this last year but got delayed.
was planning same, but i don't do any python (no zeal to learn ) so alternate was this free site.

Romeo1998

u might want to try these 2 newly added courses in sololearn :) their way of teaching is very good n i enjoy learning from them :)
good luck :)
1603896489366.png
1603896511466.png