Opening Range Breakout (ORB) - Intraday Trading System

Cubt

Algo Trader
Cubt,

Could you change the exits in all the buy and sell trades. I mean, how about checking the results for two settings:

1) With all exits to 1R or EOD. And
2) With all exits to 0.50R or EOD.

If it is an intraday method, then expectations should be small.

Eagerly waiting. Hoping that the DD and profits will both comedown proportionally making the system agreeable.
Amit,

If any trade is exited in middle of trading session due to stop loss, we need to change that to EOD price? could you please explain me with example.. am not getting your points

jamit_05

Amit,

If any trade is exited in middle of trading session due to stop loss, we need to change that to EOD price? could you please explain me with example.. am not getting your points
No.. that is not what I meant. What I mean is:

Consider a trade in which my SL is 50 points away. Then my Risk (R) is 50 points. So when I want to exit at 1R, my exit is 50 points positive of my entry. Hence, an exit at +1R (inversely, my SL hit would be an exit at -1R). Similarly, for 0.50R.

On that other hand, if SL not hit and nor has 1R then exit at EOD.

In that way I wanted to see DD and profits for two Exit settings:

1) With all exits to 1R or EOD. And
2) With all exits to 0.50R or EOD.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Got your point, so we are trying to exit the profitable trade at 1R/0.5R, if it was not triggered we will exit at EOD price.

jamit_05

Got your point, so we are trying to exit the profitable trade at 1R/0.5R, if it was not triggered we will exit at EOD price.
Yes. This will make this strategy purely intraday. If the base appears solid then discretionary modifications could be made.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Nice suggestion ! Also , can we have a coloumn, where we can clock the max points our trade moved before we exited or SL hit.
rk,
you mean, we need to track the day's high when we are long and day's low when we are short? am not sure how do i get these value from amibroker.. i will figure it out

Cubt

Algo Trader
Yes. This will make this strategy purely intraday. If the base appears solid then discretionary modifications could be made.
Fine Amit, i need to tweak the code. As Happy Singh is busy, i need to figure out a way myself to add this modification.. i will work on it and update the group shortly

rkkarnani

rk,
you mean, we need to track the day's high when we are long and day's low when we are short? am not sure how do i get these value from amibroker.. i will figure it out
I am under the impression that this is an Intraday strategy only. :eek:
Now your interaction with Amit tells me trades seem to be carried overnight too. I shall go through the thread and trade result again. :p

But your heading says its Intraday trading system ! Please clarify on this ! :)

Fine Amit, i need to tweak the code. As Happy Singh is busy, i need to figure out a way myself to add this modification.. i will work on it and update the group shortly
Hey Cubt,

This is a great strategy and I am back testing manually on last two days and also on the very variable thursday and friday when markets shot up and fell down and even then this provides good trades once the market settles.
I want to try this on Nest Plus, could you help me with the code aspect. I got the bit on the EMA's but the conditions after that and also trying to incorporate a RSI component will make this strategy quite workable.

Thanks

Cubt

Algo Trader
I am under the impression that this is an Intraday strategy only. :eek:
Now your interaction with Amit tells me trades seem to be carried overnight too. I shall go through the thread and trade result again. :p

But your heading says its Intraday trading system ! Please clarify on this ! :)
it is a intraday system

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hey Cubt,

This is a great strategy and I am back testing manually on last two days and also on the very variable thursday and friday when markets shot up and fell down and even then this provides good trades once the market settles.
I want to try this on Nest Plus, could you help me with the code aspect. I got the bit on the EMA's but the conditions after that and also trying to incorporate a RSI component will make this strategy quite workable.

Thanks
Eq,
Am not good at coding, yet to learn it. And yes, it is a very good intraday system. If one can withstand the continues drawn down, then it can make a great returns in in the long run.