One query while using ODIN DIET software

Dear Friends,

I am using ODIN DIET software from last one year. I have one query, if any of you can help me out in this regard, it would be very usefull for me.

MY QUERY:

While using ODIN DIET, in market watch, we can use ( F5 ) key to check last 5 trades of a particular ITEM ( SCRIP ), but i want to see the trades for the entire day.

I know that, there is some option to do that, but i don't know.

Waiting for the response from the CHAMPS....:clap:

Regards,
Jaish

Firstly, F5 does not show trades. It shows the current 'best 5' bid/ask limit orders (those that have not been traded).

As to your query, one presumes that you want individual trades (tick data) for the entire day in textual format i.e. tick data. That is not possible, AFAIK.

For OHLCV data of 1M/5M/10M..., Market --> Market Movement (Shift-F12) is supposed to work. For RKG users, such as me, this does not show any values.

For data on indices (Nifty & Sensex), the option Market --> Data Window is available. Again, for RKG's version of Odin Diet, the values shown are inconsistent.

Last, if you open a graph, the time/price/volume data is written out to a file in the ODIN\DIET\ChartData directory. This link has more details.

Depending on your Odin provider, you may have different results. Please write in when you find a suitable solution.

Thanks friend for your reply.

Sorry for the mis communication. The actual need for me is, if i press (F5), then i can see the "BEST 5" bid/ask limit orders, but if i want to see other bids / ask limit order below that, or suppose if i want more then 5 bid/ask limit orders, then can u suggest me, how to do it?

whyLately

You cannot view beyond the best 5. That data is not provided.

AFAIK, the full limit order book is supposed to be only available only to a privileged few (market makers; do not know who they are in India). The stop loss order book is also not available. Big players who are not privy to the order book use algorithms to learn of large resting orders. Finally, brokers through whom orders are routed, know about orders placed across their clients.