Omnesys NEST PULSE scripts for automated trading

GTji

Yes there is a pdf file. I got a link to it from TJ itself. Look around. Its really detailed.

And yes, it takes about 20 mins to download, not because its big, but the file gets stuck at a particular percentage. You have to leave it be.

I think it was in the Zerodha thread.
I couldn't find it. What was the filename?

mrkanitkar

They have 2 docs, one is getting started which is very basic and second is user guide. I have given link of user guide.
They conduct training sessions 3 times a week, to attend session you need to send mail to [email protected].
Online chat is available at, https://plus.omnesysindia.com/NestPlus/
support team helps for coding as well.

My experience is we actually do lot of verification for trade before entry. We do not document all that, so what happens script does not do good error handling.
You need to figure out all use cases for entry and exit and all use cases for avoiding reentry as well. I tried to convert Ichimoku system in scripts but have not got enough success. Second problem is backtesting data is just not enough on terminal, it's just 22 days. You may have good script in Amibroker but you need to validate performance of NEST PLUS script on nest data. For backtesting for simple buy sell on PSAR trading system, I found system did buy even if there was no signal. Secondly if your script needs 80 or 180 SMA on larger time frame say 30 min or 1 hr or 4H (for say Forex) scripts generate very few trades in backtest as data is very small. Secondly in backtesting script executes overnight trades but there is no setting for auto sq. off positions at 3:20 PM or so. In real time if you execute trade based on automated system say today, there is no way script remembers it next day morning or you can make that entry in script. The result is
suppose you buy say Options at 55 today and tomorrow morning script generate buy/ sell signal, you have to first decide what to do with yesterday's open position. Sometime backtestingr results in Amibroker and Plus are different. If your terminal freeze in between Pulse will fail to generate alert. Pulse automated order (with your confirmation) does not put auto SL order, you have to do it manually. It also does not remember price parameter. Many of us take positions on idea of buy strength and sell weakness, so buy above last high and sell below last low by say 10 points. If you are using Amibroker with say AMA , there is VMA in NEST but it does not accept parameters like 0.5.

Last edited:

Laksh

I have been trying Nest Pulse scripts for a few days now. My remarks in short " I don't find it workable." Many of my findings are same as those posted by mrkanitkar above. The script language is not very powerful. It does not have a date & time function. So you cannot test intraday system. Moreover say for a MA crossover system even on a 5m chart does not generate enough trades for confident conclusion. Some MA crossover systems I tested on 5m charts generated profits but they turned into losses when I included brokerage.

Hence, my personal opinion is that the facility is not workable without furhter improvement.

Laksh

Algo

Same had happened with me..i use super trend with my own studied parameters. It is apparently impossible to make these strategies in Nest..If someone can help me do it ill probably stop using this other algo trading system..at 150 i agree it is very cheap..

Here are few more.

BB
--
(LOW-EMA(CLOSE,13))<0
(HIGH-EMA(CLOSE,13))>0
--------
BK
-----
SMA(CLOSE,10) > SMA(CLOSE,20)
SMA(CLOSE,10) < SMA(CLOSE,20)
-----
Force index
---
(CLOSE -(Ref(CLOSE, 1))*VOLUME) < 0
(CLOSE -(Ref(CLOSE, 1))*VOLUME) > 0
-----
Pivot
Buy
(Close > (high+low+close)/3)
Buy exit
(Close < (2*(high+low+close)/3) -high) OR (Close > (2*(high+low+close)/3) -low)
Sell
(Close < (high+low+close)/3)
Sell exit
(Close > (2*(high+low+close)/3) -high) OR (Close < (2*(high+low+close)/3) -low)
---------
RSI
RSI (CLOSE, 14) > 77
RSI (CLOSE, 14) < 33
-------
SMA
CLOSE > SMA(CLOSE,50)
CLOSE < SMA(CLOSE,50)
------
I am using Nest plus for so months and @ its cost great,but no technical support from team.I don't find divergence formulas for Rsi/Stochoist and couldn't find pivot values aswell as accuracy.Finally a draw back of tick chart,and unable to continue.
Let me help to know who will able to give Intra-day chart data for atleast 7 daysurrently I view only 1 day from my 3 nest trading terminals.
Thanks in advance.

As you given pivot formula must need to take values for previous to evaluate the values,but not available in either terminal or in nest plus.
As well as evaluation on any kind to evaluate ATP = Total traded value/total traded volume or like that.

Plus not supported on V-sat,Nest plus is not supported to submit scanned results as our defined condition or not in built use full scanners such as open=low or high and last>open or < open and such as advanced formulas like took support from S1/S2 and resisted from R1/R2.
As I bought recent product Trading plugin through AFL.