ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Its working fine. both one day and five day back fill.
Also charts AB are working...
but my ***** quotes are delayed buy 15 mins, only nifty as at right time.:eek: I did all all necessary steps i.e. login into ***** account...etc etc....
Let me know any one getting data at right time during market hours?
Please rectify the error.
My one suggestion is keep ***** login inside the program.

mitasatyajit

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

I use metastock 8.0. It is being updated fine in realtime. When merged with backfill data, the realtime data is being updated at the leftmost part of metastock. Can the error be nullified. I cannot understand whether it is metastock error or chartdata error.

Regards.

Satyajit

techdump

Dear Friends,

Thanks a lot for your invaluable suggestions. Since this is the evaluation copy and due to time constraint, i haven't included few features that had been asked by many and i will try to add it to my next version.

I have included the configuration files for Amibroker and FCharts (find attached) as these two TA softwares needs to be configured before using ChartsData for the first time.

Metastock Configuration - Just open metastock before starting ChartsData . No other configuration needed.

If you have installed the ChartsData prior to configuration, just delete the folder "C:\ChartsData", configure Amibroker / Metastock / Fcharts and start ChartsData. No need to uninstall.

1. ChartsData won't run if your computer is not connected to the internet.
2. Charts won't update if you are not configured your Amibroker/Metastock/Fcharts properly
3. Check out the folder "C:\ChartsData" for realtime datas in different formats - Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, CSV and XLS update.
4. Login to ***** with checked "KEEP ME SIGNED IN" to get the realtime quotes
5. Bhavcopy (NSE & BSE) can be downloaded for any dates and the corresponding chosen security charts will be updated if selected for Backfill.
6. ***** symbols will be automatically updated from last day NSE & BSE bhavcopies, if you choose the option "SYMBOL UPDATE FROM NSE & BSE".
7. IMPORTANT: TA softwares (Amibroker/Metastock/FCharts) should be started before opening ChartsData.

If you are not sure how to use a particular option, just place your cursor over the option to view the "ToolTip".

After all the settings/configurations has been made and if you feel something doesn't/stops working then close ChartsData and TA software. Open the TA software first and then start ChartsData to get realtime update and backfill.

Hope this clarifies a lot of your queries.

Just post me your questions and suggest how it can be upgraded with more features.

Happy trading.

Loganathan

techdump

Dear Satyajit

Backfill, as the name implies, will import historical quotes (later dates) to the Metastock and it will be viewed in the left panel of the window as the dates were earlier to current date.

Please check out the chart with dates and by changing the time intervals.

Happy trading.

Loganathan

techdump

Dear avlok_in,

This is not error. You need to login to ***** mail with the option "Keep me signed in" checked. This will create a cookie to your system and you can see realtime updates on the screen, as well as in charts.

Happy trading.

Loganathan

hello techdump
thanks for helping us . while using your software in have found few problems which needs your attention.
1)while back filling y a h o o 1min and 5min it creates new symbols like ABB_1m and ABB_5M .As the symbols does NOT match with live data symbols , backfilling becomes useless.I think two folders may be created one for 1min and other for 5min without adding 1min or 5min at the end of each symbols.SO SYMBOL for all types of data should be same for efficient use.
thanks and regards
RANJITSINGH66

mitasatyajit

Dear Satyajit

Backfill, as the name implies, will import historical quotes (later dates) to the Metastock and it will be viewed in the left panel of the window as the dates were earlier to current date.

Please check out the chart with dates and by changing the time intervals.

Happy trading.

Loganathan
Checked, problem persists.

Let's have a look at it!! thanks a lot for this!

lvgandhi

I tried the link given with **********. I get msg
"The uploader has removed this file from the server. "
Can some one load it in 4shared or elsewhere and give the link please.

Loganathan sir,
I couldn't download from ********** link even I removed the space even than it says error. Please guide me to download.
K.Boopathy