Number of trades normally one trader can/should do in silver in a single day.

mravi

I started trading in SILVERM couple of days back. I am scalping for minimum 100 points in each trade. As and when SL hits I am exiting.

What I noticed is I am ending up doing 8 to 10 trades per day in last 3 days, and my the contracts show I traded some 40 lacs sell and 40 lacs buy everyday.

That is almost huge turnover amount for me, is it normal for scalpers in commodity to see such numbers? Does this effect taxation?

Request members to advise.

meherp

I too trade only in silver intraday. I restrict my self to max of 4 trades per day. If my first two trade are in profit I stop there.

I started trading in SILVERM couple of days back. I am scalping for minimum 100 points in each trade. As and when SL hits I am exiting.

What I noticed is I am ending up doing 8 to 10 trades per day in last 3 days, and my the contracts show I traded some 40 lacs sell and 40 lacs buy everyday.

That is almost huge turnover amount for me, is it normal for scalpers in commodity to see such numbers? Does this effect taxation?

DSM

As long as you are making money, that should be fine. However, you may want to amend the point no. 3 of your tag line.

:)

3. No day trading.

mravi

Yeah. I need to ammend/stay with it. I am still trying to understand. So.

burai123

your stoploss ?

mravi

Silver normally swings 100 points minimum very quickly and recovers that much quickly too. Anytime a swing of 100 points comes in the opposite direction, I will exit. Then reneter once I get clarity.

The only time most wild swings comes are around 5 PM to 9 PM. This time I am acting cautious and avoid any trades against the overall trend.