Non - trasfer of stocks to dmat account

sanjosedesi

Thanks @sanjosedesi for the useful answer.

I would like to know if stocks lying in pool account and stocks lying in my trading account is the same thing?
I will bounce it to SG as I do not know such intricacies. My guess is these are different things ... however like SG described the process for check clearance ... maybe the stocks were always in a pool account (for whatever reason). I see no reason for stocks to be sitting in a "trading account". When NSE/BSE does settlement, I do not think they are settling against trading accounts, only DP accounts.

rvm123

when your buy deal is over, in 2 days, the broker will get the shares transferred to his account, from the Stock exchange. If he is satisfied that he has got the full amount from you, he will transfer them to your demat accounts. Otherwise he will hold them in his account, which is called pool account.
Sometimes, if you are a trader, for your convenience, you may keep your holdings in the pool account and sell in a short time also (without getting it into your demat account)

sir,
i want to close demat a/c for the following reasons;
1. sebi banned shares still not trading in any exchange. for this is it compulsary to pay AMC.
2. some shares not worthy sell also because brikerage will be more than shares value.
2. how can I close the Demat a/c .