niftyonly trading

MSN1979

I just started trading Nifty. Although I have started a thread "Help me with my trades" I was wondering if this is the right place where we can discuss our Daily Nifty trades?

gopicbin1

I would guess the first price/value or data point would be MD(-1).
Thanks a lot. Makes sense.

Are you using this indicator ? What parameters do you use ? (gopicbin uses MDA(8)). Is it useful for intraday ?

Thanks a lot. Makes sense.

Are you using this indicator ? What parameters do you use ? (gopicbin uses MDA(8)). Is it useful for intraday ?
I don't use any indicator for my trades... just plain candlesticks. Using MDA(8) is similar to using MA of 16, as all Moving Averages lag 1/2 their parameter. In case you can plot MA with an offset, a cross over of the normally plotted MA and 1/2 period offset MA can provide a good resistance/support marker for the trend.

I don't use any indicator for my trades... just plain candlesticks. Using MDA(8) is similar to using MA of 16, as all Moving Averages lag 1/2 their parameter. In case you can plot MA with an offset, a cross over of the normally plotted MA and 1/2 period offset MA can provide a good resistance/support marker for the trend.
I guess using the "Double MA" of sharekhan could be useful for this. I don't know what kind of strategy that will use this, but it's a thing to keep in mind.

So, MDA(8) is the recent trend of the last 4 periods. A lot of systems built around nearer candles. Somebody had a 3x5 system. I think that Swift had something similar.

I guess using the "Double MA" of sharekhan could be useful for this. I don't know what kind of strategy that will use this, but it's a thing to keep in mind.

So, MDA(8) is the recent trend of the last 4 periods. A lot of systems built around nearer candles. Somebody had a 3x5 system. I think that Swift had something similar.
Sharekhan does not have displaced MA. A simpler intraday system would be bollinger (75,2) on 5 min candles with RSI (19) for double confirmation.

gopicbin1

Nifty spot closed 10155.25

Long term bullish
Medium term bearish
Short term bearish, bullish if closes above 10280
8DEMA 10225

gopicbin1

Nifty spot closed 10114.75

Long term bullish
Medium term bearish
Short term bearish, bullish if closes above 10255
8DEMA 10200