Nifty Positional Trading - Super Trend Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
November Series Trades-

Horrible Week!! Did not follow system on 3 trades.

I can with stand a loss of 1000 points. Now down -186 so far... lets see how it goes in the coming week. This is a testing phase for me, if i can succeed in following the system 100% without any emotion, then will increase my lots.

will decide at the end of Nov Series

Cutting loss is the key but it's difficult for everyone to cut big loss because of emotions & that's mistake. But there is an alternate solution to it, instead of cutting loss, one can temporarily hedge the position in next series or through option trade & reduce the cost of main trade by trading the hedging side till the original trade direction doesn't start.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Cutting loss is the key but it's difficult for everyone to cut big loss because of emotions & that's mistake. But there is an alternate solution to it, instead of cutting loss, one can temporarily hedge the position in next series or through option trade & reduce the cost of main trade by trading the hedging side till the original trade direction doesn't start.
Ravi,
This is not applicable in system based trading as I do not mix up discretionary style with system based trading.

when the system says sell, I sell. When system says buy, I buy. No second thoughts, do not mix our intelligence with system, it will not give u what u see in backtest results.

Either one need to completely adapt for sytem based trading or discretionary based trading style. This or that, either ways u can succeed one day. But when u mix both, it gives u guaranteed loss.

What am trying here is, I want to trade based on a proven n tested sytem without any emotional interruption. As simple as that! !

rkkarnani

---------------------Deleted__________

rkkarnani

November Series Trades-

Horrible Week!! Did not follow system on 3 trades.

I can with stand a loss of 1000 points. Now down -186 so far... lets see how it goes in the coming week. This is a testing phase for me, if i can succeed in following the system 100% without any emotion, then will increase my lots.

will decide at the end of Nov Series

The level posted for 31st Oct seems to be wrong as that level wasn't touched on that date; 31st Oct ! Please check.

Cubt

Algo Trader
ok , as you did not follow system 3 times, wat are actual trades given by system......
Code:
NIFTY-I	Short	05/11/2013 09:35	6311	05/11/2013 12:35	6347.15	-36.15
NIFTY-I	Long	05/11/2013 12:35	6347.15	06/11/2013 10:35	6289	-58.15
NIFTY-I	Short	06/11/2013 10:35	6289	07/11/2013 11:35	6316.85	-27.85
NIFTY-I	Long	07/11/2013 11:35	6316.85	07/11/2013 14:05	6256.05	-60.8
NIFTY-I	Short	07/11/2013 14:05	6256.05	11/11/2013 09:35	6150.55	105.5

rkkarnani

Cubt, The levels for 31st Oct, are probably for the trade entered on 1st Nov as you have shown a slippage of 38 points. Now I think I have understood ! :p
Why did we not enter the trade the previous day as crossover in ST had happened on 31st Oct? Is this one of the Trade you did not follow?

Cubt

Algo Trader
Cubt, The levels for 31st Oct, are probably for the trade entered on 1st Nov as you have shown a slippage of 38 points. Now I think I have understood ! :p
Why did we not enter the trade the previous day as crossover in ST had happened on 31st Oct? Is this one of the Trade you did not follow?
Yes, rk. Thats right

Status
Not open for further replies.