NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For October 31,

Current position : LONG (at 5479 on 25/10/2007)

Support : 5778
Resistance : 5906

Hold LONG positions with SL 5778. If trades below 5778, exit LONG & go SHORT with SL 5906.

Happy Trading

Vinod

nadodav

Dear Karnani,

yes thats true. some times stoploss too far it all depends on past movement of prices & volatality. but you can always exit at your own comfirt level or even you can also keep your own stoploss to exit trade by keeping my level as reference one. you can also exit near resistance level if you are LONG. and even try to short near resistance level by keeping resistance level as stoploss and same way you can also enter LONG near support level by keeping support as stoploss so these trades are low risk /high reward kind of trades.

Thanks

Happy trading,

Vinod

Sir, Your system is working really good though at times the SL is a bit TOO BIG for comfort!!!!
Anyway to have smaller SL , may be with smaller targets. I do understand your system keeps one in trade either short or long but if one wishes to exit early, any way of applying a smaller SL!??
Regards
-R K Karnani

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For November 1,

Current position : LONG (at 5479 on 25/10/2007)

Support : 5865
Resistance : 5960

Hold LONG positions with SL 5865. If trades below 5865, exit LONG & go SHORT with SL 5960.

Happy Trading

Vinod

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For November 2,

Current position : SHORT (at 5865 on 01/11/2007)

Support : 5774
Resistance : 5908

Hold SHORT positions with SL 5908. If trades above 5908, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 5774.

Happy Trading

Vinod

novice1

Vinod,

At the outset I wish to thank you for sharing this with us.

Do I need to watch the charts intra-day for these levels ? Or can I feed these levels and forget it since it is mechanical trading. What happens if it hits both ways (as it did today). If I do not do day trading do you recommend this ? If yes then I would have been stopped out once and I would not be short at the end of the day. How do I handle that ?

Also can you share with us your success rate ?

Regards

nadodav

First of all, this is not for intraday trading. my levels are for positional trading. You need not to watch intraday charts. In simple words, if you are LONG than you just have to look "support" and not resistance if support breaks just exit LONG and go SHORT with "resistance" as your stoploss and now you look only resistance not support as now you are SHORT. What happened yesterday is - I exit my LONG and gone SHORT as it goes below support & never again trade above resistance. So now i hold SHORTS till market trades above resistance. I simple place stoploss orders everyday after market opening. today i will place stoploss buy order of double qty of my position so if today market trades above resistance, my positions will change automatically. I usually place order 5 points above resistance or in case of sell, i place 5 points below support to confirm change of trend.

I hope this will clear your doubt. If not pl get back

Vinod

Vinod,

At the outset I wish to thank you for sharing this with us.

Do I need to watch the charts intra-day for these levels ? Or can I feed these levels and forget it since it is mechanical trading. What happens if it hits both ways (as it did today). If I do not do day trading do you recommend this ? If yes then I would have been stopped out once and I would not be short at the end of the day. How do I handle that ?

Also can you share with us your success rate ?

Regards

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For November 5,

Current position : LONG (at 5908 on 02/11/2007)

Support : 5855
Resistance : 6022

Nifty Fut Closing at : 5955.70

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : +47.70 (as per closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +4.70 (-43 + 47.70)

Hold LONG positions with SL 5855. If trades below 5855, exit LONG & go SHORT with SL 6022.

Happy Trading

Vinod

nadodav

Current position : SHORT (at 5855 on 05/11/2007)

Support : 5795
Resistance : 5914

Nifty Fut Closing at : 5844.90

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : +10.10 (as per closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : -85.90 (-43-53+10.10)

Hold SHORT positions with SL 5914. If trades above 5914, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 5795.

Happy Trading

Vinod

nadodav

Current position : SHORT (at 5795 on 06/11/2007)

Support : 5753
Resistance : 5908

Nifty Fut Closing at : 5802.25

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : -7.25 (as per closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : -281.25

Hold SHORT positions with SL 5908. If trades above 5908, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 5753.

Happy Trading

Vinod

Status
Not open for further replies.