Nifty Future - Catch 10 Points consistantly ?

I second that , also the early morning reversal would be a good ten points. make sure you dont strech your target , also if a small reaction of 4 points u can put a stop on your cost.never tried this theory tho

rvlv

Hi Tanewbee
REAL BROKERAGE

EaCH BROKER FINDS A DECENT INDIRECT WAY TO SHOW LESS brokerage on the face of it but actual ultimate burden is something way much higher
fOR EXAMPLE
Indiabulls brokerage is 0.03% as they say.
nobody wants to give a higher figure.
if you see indiabulls brokerage plus taxes=0.056%=round off to 0.06%
if brokerage is 30 rupees per 1 lac, the other burdens turn out to be another 30 rupees per 1 lac
CAN INDIABULLS say that our brokerage is just 0.03% but with all taxes,stamp duty etc it comes overall to 0.06%

INDIABULLS=BURDEN ON TRADER INTRADY=0.06%

They wont ever say that.

Superficially attractive image is all everybody is bothered about.
--------------------------------------------------------
Disillusioned new traderThe poor new trader starts the day trading thinking he can make money easily as brokerage is just 30 rupees a lac but actually he needs to pay about 60 rupees. to breakeven the intraday trader needs to make a minimum of 120 rupees first even to see the taste of minor gain- if it is indiabulls

If it is ICICIDIRECT, then god save their customers, they pay brokerage 0.10% , and (because of high brokerage,high service charges 12.2% of brokerage) and because of high transaction charges ,they pay high stamp duty ,not sure(only thiose feeding ICICI can tell), ultimately a big blessing for their intraday traders at the rate of total burden of 0.13% or more

ICICIDIRECT =BURDEN ON INTRADAY TRADER= ABOVE 0.13%

sO YOU HAVE SEEN THE BIGDAADDY and small uncle.

New traders
IF you join a new broker let them give in writing all costs direct and indirect.
dont accept the rosy picture.
EACH RUPEE MADE IN INTRADAY OR OTHERWISE COMES NEVER IN EASY MANNER.A LOT OF EFFORT GOES BEHIND.

I thank traderji forum for their constant team effort trying to educate their members and go in that holy pursuit of making trading life easy.

BY ITSELF IT IS A BIG TOPIC ONLY A cA can justify and decode how each broker manages to efficiently project a simple low figure for public attraction.
-----------------------------------------------------------
ps: I hope some helpful people will soon cover it in depth,my thanks in advance.
----------------------------------------------------------
equation

ACTUAL BURDEN= BROKERAGE(BUY AND SELL)+SERVICE CHARGES+STT+STAMP DUTY
OR
ACTUAL BROKERAGE PLUS TAX BURDEN= BROKERAGE+TRANSACTION CHARGES+STAMP DUTY AT 33% OF TRANSACTION CHARGES.

Regarding brokerage costs in INDIABULLS

1.THERE IS SOMETHING WHICH GOES HIDDEN. =====STAMP DUTY
cAN you please see the statement or contract print indiabulls sends out?

brokerage=0.03%
service charges=12.2% on brokerage
STT=.015%

They give as transaction charges(may be sum of above serv charge and stt)
then stamp duty =about 33% of transaction costs
say if you paid a transaction charges of 300 rupees, 100 rupees is dumped as stamp duty. and who pays it? The Trader,of course
STAMP DUTY

rvlv

rvlv

Hi Friend

It is possible to catch 10 points in 60% of trading days.

Just look at the nifty charts and catch the hint.

http://www.galatime.com/charts/nifty50.html

First you see a long term action of any stock.yearly chart-
Second you see the short term action of the same stock-three monthly chart
finally you see whether the stock has power to beat the sensex,in a month and by how much percentage?
In a month the nifty crossed down 5Ema line only 6 times, and it was running about 100 points away from 20Ema,almost 75% of the time.
HAVE A INITIAL STOPLOSS OF 25 AND TRADE NIFTY WITH AVERAGE TARGET OF 10-to 20 points. the initial stoploss is to be moved up at the sight of first rise,towards a breakeven stoploss. on daily basis nifty moves about 50 points,catching a fifth of that is not a big deal.

Remember you have to learn to accept what the market gives.On some days you get 30 points and on other days 10 points.try to take most of what market is ready to give. On those days when market is not willing to give more than 10 points,you cannot do anything.
Take as less and as much as you can get.

It dictates and you accept. In fact safer stoploss can be 20EMA itself.
See those stock charts which went 20% below nifty,they are not willing to give back much.
why go after those?
RVLV

rvlv

Last edited:
I was thinking the brokerage is low at HDFC (brokerage is 0.1 %), I began trading last month and this is really an eye opener for me

Thanks to all, really apprecaite everyones input here.

rvlv

hi friend,

First thing
Never hesitate to open another trading account if brokerage is low
Just hesitating to open another new trading account,you may end up loosing thousands.
money saved is money earnt.

Indiabulls charges 0.03%.in f&o
actually with taxes etc it comes to 0.062% for buying and same for selling.

still you are way far from hdfc and having better deal.
========================================
My Pledge
1.I donot trade to make my broker rich
MY aim is always to make 6 units profit against 4 units charged by my broker.
part-b I will never hesitate to open another trading account nor close a bad brokers account.
2.Everytime I trade I Vow to check all charges in detail,and go to the core of the matter
3.I vow to post on the forum,ask other members.If in doubt,I will not keep quiet. If I have a bad experience,I post on the forum to seek help as to how to avoid the same problem from recurring.

RVLV

rEmember

Service charge is 12.2% of the brokerage you pay
The higher the brokerage the higher service charges
dont ignore the devil-the most recurring expense of trading brokerage!!!!!!!!1

C

CreditViolet

The average daily Nifty Future volatility per day is 55 points.What makes you think its too hard to capture 1/5th of it consistently?

CV
:eek:

Hello I'm a trader from France, trading us index futures, and i would like to know. Is nifty futures in bombay exchange? What's the average daily volume?

http://www.equitydream.com
Hi Equityraiser,

The best place to find this info is on NSE website
http://www.nseindia.com/ and go to Home > F&O > Market Information > Market Today > Get Quote

If you want Nifty Statistics (Nifty is traded on NSE i.e. also called NSE Fifty) you can find that on
http://www.nseindia.com/ and go to Home > Indices > Statistics

Warm regards,
Dhruv