New to Trading Need Advice

Hi Friends,

I need Advice on Trading. MY main objective is just earn little money and understand the markets, i am not a greedy person nor a person influenced by blind advices. I have done my little home work regarding Trading but could not get a person who can explain to me in person, one colleague used to do Trading but he explained me about intraday, hold sell, commodities trading , future trading, leverages and others .

Also l he told that bank demat accounts have more brokerage and other private traders ( sharekhan, kodak, nivea etc) have less brokerage. His friend works in nivea and he metioned if i want i can arrange for it, but before jumping wanted to analyze everything and get your advice.

Also my Budget is 50K - 1 lakh to start buying shares.

Hence i need suggestions for:
Opening Demat account - BEst bank or agency
How to start Trading:
Intraday
Hold - Sell (after period of 2days to 1 month

Also if any book is available in market which can help newbies understand trading recommend me so that I can buy and read it or if any internet source is there please post the link.. :eek::eek:

thanks in advance ;)

Hope to receive positive advice from you.
Also forgot to include one point, i found a companys stock is in both BSE & NSE,, which one do i buy the BSE one or NSE one, I have read that NSE ones are the most frequenty bought and reliable stocks. Can anyone explain to me the diff between BSE and NSE apart from the fact that one is hosted by bombay stock exchange and another by national stock exchange and contains major govt cos.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Last edited:

VJAY

Hi Friends,

I need Advice on Trading. MY main objective is just earn little money and understand the markets, i am not a greedy person nor a person influenced by blind advices. I have done my little home work regarding Trading but could not get a person who can explain to me in person, one colleague used to do Trading but he explained me about intraday, hold sell, commodities trading , future trading, leverages and others .

Also l he told that bank demat accounts have more brokerage and other private traders ( sharekhan, kodak, nivea etc) have less brokerage. His friend works in nivea and he metioned if i want i can arrange for it, but before jumping wanted to analyze everything and get your advice.

Also my Budget is 50K - 1 lakh to start buying shares.

Hence i need suggestions for:
Opening Demat account - BEst bank or agency
How to start Trading:
Intraday
Hold - Sell (after period of 2days to 1 month

Also if any book is available in market which can help newbies understand trading recommend me so that I can buy and read it or if any internet source is there please post the link.. :eek::eek:

thanks in advance ;)

Also forgot to include one point, i found a companys stock is in both BSE & NSE,, which one do i buy the BSE one or NSE one, I have read that NSE ones are the most frequenty bought and reliable stocks. Can anyone explain to me the diff between BSE and NSE apart from the fact that one is hosted by bombay stock exchange and another by national stock exchange and contains major govt cos.

Hi rsk,
Welcome to TJ...you can get most of information/learning form traderji itself...you need to dig the forum:)
If you are new then start with equities and trade as delevery with small amount...you can go any good broker with reasonable brokerage...about BSE & NSE...you can trade in both...I suggest trade with NSE ...
More can you find in this forum.....

bunny

The 'technicalities' like intraday, delivery, derivatives, leverage, etc. are totally unimportant, compared to knowing what to trade - where and when.

I may be wrong, but I sniff that you are being greedy. And that is a bad thing in markets.

Anyways, congratulations for your first baby step. Hope you trade well :)

jamit_05

Hi Friends,

if any book is available in market which can help newbies understand trading recommend me so that I can buy and read it or if any internet source is there please post the link.. :eek::eek:

thanks in advance ;)

Opening Demat account - Zerodha or RkGlobal. Both are reliable and cheap

How to start Trading: If you really want proper guidance, then get in touch with one of the seniors in this forum. And follow every word of wisdom... not every word of advice. But only wisdom. This will save you the entire 1 lakh Rs you have... else it is sure to be lost. Ask him questions while you do your own work.

In my view, read a lot of Trading Psychology. Understand every concept in the books on the subject. And like VJAY said, if you do little trading along side you will be able to put your new-found knowledge into REAL perspective.

Finally, keep the smallest possible position size for at least two years. And then you WILL become a seasoned trader... earn from the markets.

Amit.

Dear Friends,

I am overwhelmed by your responses, and the mixed replies. I have browsed through the beginners threads and have copied some information and am reading it, also looking at some good books in flipkart which can enable me to understand the markets and terms better. I am working in Accounts but in Accounts not in Finance or investment related job, hence not aware of this field / area of finance, but will soon get myself educated about this.