need suggestion to recover bad investment

Hi guys,

I found this site while looking for investment suggestions. looks like a lot of Pros here. i am a complete newbie looking for some suggestions and help if possible.

I bought below shares last years (June 2014) on recommendations from friends (my 1st ever investment).

Crompton Greaves 20@196
DLF 10@220
United Bank 50@52

All these stocks have failed miserably and I waited for long thinking they will recover. I now need some expert opinion regarding what I should do from now on with these stocks.

Should I just sell these off and bare the loss or waiting for few months may help ??

Or is there any other way I can cover the loss if not profit ?

Do you recommend any other stocks (low value) I can buy for long term ?

rvlv

hi
can you make out if trend is on or off?
if trend is on hold
if trend finished get out
Crompton Greaves 20@196
DLF 10@220
United Bank 50@52

crompgreav 173 will go up
Dlf 110 no way DOWNTREND-TOO LATE TO SELL
UNITEDBANK 21 NO WAY STRONG DNTREND-TOO LATE TO SELL

Ok,

So i should just wait wand watch ?? and not sell anything for now ?

Also in the mean time I want to invest some more in smaller value stocks (like the united bank, etc) for long term. Can you suggest something ?

Blackhole

Ok,

So i should just wait wand watch ?? and not sell anything for now ?

Also in the mean time I want to invest some more in smaller value stocks (like the united bank, etc) for long term. Can you suggest something ?
wow!....id copy cat...never thought of it!:lol:

Woa .. im using this ID with other forums since 2005 or so... registered here too with the same one.. but i use a zero instead of an 'O' .. always...

Blackhole

Woa .. im using this ID with other forums since 2005 or so... registered here too with the same one.. but i use a zero instead of an 'O' .. always...
Good could be same interest!....well i had email id in 1997..... Not claiming anything...just amused to find such thing....small world....so u r not new to trading then,still such questions?

I wont be able to comment as i do not follow this stock. Still even for investment (time frame of buy and hold along with stop loss is mandate), now u need to recheck the fundamentals of the stock and based on ur capital (risk appetite) act accordingly.

Sorry my suggestion wont help u much.

Last edited:
I am new to trading.. dont understand most terminology... have been a IT guys for a long time.

Cant keep up with the everyday monitoring of markets etc.. so an year back I started with those 3 shares and invested some money.. I thought Ill keep these for few months, sell them and buy new ones and learn the trade with suggestions from friends.. I waited for sometime but it has been going down ever since .. looks like I have to find a better strategy now or loos them completely.. learning it the hard way.

mohan.sic

I am new to trading.. dont understand most terminology... have been a IT guys for a long time.

Cant keep up with the everyday monitoring of markets etc.. so an year back I started with those 3 shares and invested some money.. I thought Ill keep these for few months, sell them and buy new ones and learn the trade with suggestions from friends.. I waited for sometime but it has been going down ever since .. looks like I have to find a better strategy now or loos them completely.. learning it the hard way.

IT guy for a long time. What makes you worried for 8k investment ??

All three stocks, buy now again same qty's. keep buying same qty's on every 20% fall and keep selling on 20% raise. This should work ( specific to your stocks/current levels).

Its better to wait for a right time just forget the investment and just wait for the right time to sell.
Nobody in the world knows exact right time to sell. If market going Up we will be more greedy. If it comes down we become fearful. If we got huge loss we pray to God for Break Even Point atleast recover our investment. Thats the true life for any trader.

Master Trader