Need Help

Hi all,

I am new person to joined in Traderji.. Its amazing website for clarifying our doubts related with share market...

I have a demat account In International Bank. Pls help me out to get the basic need of share details and how to invest it...how to analysing the day to day market life.what is the basic need to start up the online share trading..

Thanks in Advance

swagat86

There is only one answer to ur query. Start goin thru the threads here.

U can begin with the sticky thread in Introduction section called beginners pls read this.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi,

Can anyone there convert the following Metastock indicator to Amibroker AFL. I require this for my Swing trade.

If( HIGH > Ref(HIGH,-1) AND LOW > Ref(LOW,-1), HIGH, If( HIGH <
Ref(HIGH,-1) AND LOW < Ref(LOW,-1), LOW, PREV))

Mayur

travi

Amibroker has vector processing.

1st Your IF statement should be assigned to a variable.
2nd You cant use "if" in AB, bcos it is only for static variables. For Arrays/Vectors you need "iif"
3rd PREV equivalent doesn't exist in AB afaik but depending in which context you're using this formula, ie. chart or exploration you need to ref() it.
There were shortcomings of MetaS unable to loop and hence PREV.
or rewrite the logic in AB way.

since you have provided partial info, you'll also get a partial code.

You can try:

result = IIf( (H > Ref(H, -1)) AND (LOW > Ref(L,-1)) ), H, IIf( (H < Ref(H,-1)) AND (L < Ref(L, -1), L, Unkn ) ) ;

ideally, Unkn should be Ref(result, -1) but I doubt it will work the way you want in Vector programming.

Hi,

Can anyone there convert the following Metastock indicator to Amibroker AFL. I require this for my Swing trade.

If( HIGH > Ref(HIGH,-1) AND LOW > Ref(LOW,-1), HIGH, If( HIGH <
Ref(HIGH,-1) AND LOW < Ref(LOW,-1), LOW, PREV))

Mayur

I also need the Scan or the Exploration of the breakout above / below of the swing high / swing low, which will be the next stage after I get the Swing indicator.

I see many of you are quite conversent in writing codes in Amibroker. Hope some of will help me to convert the Metastock indicator

You really just need to learn how to buy shares with that tools you already have you can learn how to do that in that forum, not this thread, people here not posting valuable information, at least in last posts or something like that totally. Please be sure to read;)