Need help with derivatives trading with sharekhan using TradeTiger

I have the latest Trade Tiger Software (advanced) from sharekhan. I have been trading in equities and now I want to trade in derivatives as well. However, all the info seems a bit confusing with different versions of it.

I just want to know how to trade in derivatives and how to do so using trade tiger. How to order and cover trades in trade tiger?

What are the requirements for trading in derivatives? How to choose my stock for trading in derivatives?

There are several terms that I don't understand, so if someone can introduce the terms and explain it briefly I could use google to get detailed info on that.

I tried asking my broker but either they have online training sessions or the local office is not much interested in spending their time on educating me.

I will be very grateful if you can help me to learn the basics of trading in derivatives using trade tiger.

More Questions:

How do I know if I am making profit?
Just how does things work in derivatives trading?

Equity trading is so so easy (with respect to making trades and not with respect to making profits) but I just don't understand derivatives trading. I have understood few basic terms but I am not able to do anything byond that.

Please Help!

I have the latest Trade Tiger Software (advanced) from sharekhan. I have been trading in equities and now I want to trade in derivatives as well. However, all the info seems a bit confusing with different versions of it.

I just want to know how to trade in derivatives and how to do so using trade tiger. How to order and cover trades in trade tiger?

What are the requirements for trading in derivatives? How to choose my stock for trading in derivatives?

There are several terms that I don't understand, so if someone can introduce the terms and explain it briefly I could use google to get detailed info on that.

I tried asking my broker but either they have online training sessions or the local office is not much interested in spending their time on educating me.

I will be very grateful if you can help me to learn the basics of trading in derivatives using trade tiger.

More Questions:

Equity trading is so so easy (with respect to making trades and not with respect to making profits) but I just don't understand derivatives trading. I have understood few basic terms but I am not able to do anything byond that.

Please Help!
I think before using the tools in Trade Tiger for trading in Derivatives you should first acquaint yourself with the requisites of understanding Derivatives Trading in India. For this you may download a PDF file from the undermentioned link.

http://www.nseindia.com/content/ncfm/EDBM_workbook.pdf

After getting a good understanding of derivatives , only then take a plunge for trading them. Highly risky zone of trading is the derivatives section.

Tools of Trade Tiger are really secondary and they will be easily understandable after you are aware of other important things regarding derivatives.

Wish you Good Luck.

columbus

In fact, DERIVATIVE trading is easier than EQUITY trading. The reason being, here
there is NO SHARE TRANSFER.They appear in your account as soon as the derivatives
are traded.But SHARES appear in your account after some days.
Only thing is you have to add DERIVATIVES in your market watch.(Right click in your
market watch ,follow the instructions.)

mastermind007

More Questions:

Please Help!

Call up Sharekhan Customer service and register for a training course that they conduct online. In few metros, they also have in-person classes. Ask for courses from ATC and DNT department. They are free for SK customers.

columbus

Last edited:
Thank You all, I took a class (SK ATC) on previous saturday. (and also registered for a bunch of them just today, also downloaded all relevant material from NSEIndia.com). I understood quite a lot but I am still confused about making a call (call or put) and booking profit. For equity market I have quite a few selected scrips that I watch and track daily even if I don't trade a particular day. But for this I am just getting it difficult to even get started.

Is the premium and basis points different things?

Can you explain with this example: (This is live data from today 2/12/13)
Code:
EXCH	        Scrip Name		%Change	Qty	Current
NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 PE 12.5	100     8000	0.10
NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 PE 15       14.29 	8000	0.40
NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 PE 17.5	10.71 	8000	1.55
NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 PE 20  	0.00   	8000	3.40
NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 PE 22.5	-2.26 	8000	6.50
NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 PE 25  	3.61   	8000	8.60

NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 CE 12.5	0.00   	8000	4.50
NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 CE 15  	-14.89	8000	2.00
NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 CE 17.5	-26.32	8000	0.70
NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 CE 20  	-28.57	8000	0.25
NSEFO 	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 CE 22.5	-33.33	8000	0.10
NSEFO	UNITECH 26-Dec-2013 CE 25  	-50.00	8000	0.05
I know about ITM OTM ATM, IV and TV.

Now with an imaginary future price can you explain how this works? Which call or put order will make money on or before expiry? How? and How do I exercise my option to make money? and when can I do so?

Most importantly how much the option (CE/PE) will cost me?

When do I lose money?

If I buy CE 15, it will cost me 16000/- ? and if the spot goes to 18 I will earn 8000 if I exercise my option? right? or 800 if I do it on spot price 17.10

I understand the terms but I am not able to put together the info to actually do something about it. I think switching from equity to derivative is what is confusing me. There ain't such and so much calculation to make LOL :D

Thanks again for helping me :)

I think before using the tools in Trade Tiger for trading in Derivatives you should first acquaint yourself with the requisites of understanding Derivatives Trading in India. For this you may download a PDF file from the undermentioned link.

http://www.nseindia.com/content/ncfm/EDBM_workbook.pdf

After getting a good understanding of derivatives , only then take a plunge for trading them. Highly risky zone of trading is the derivatives section.

Tools of Trade Tiger are really secondary and they will be easily understandable after you are aware of other important things regarding derivatives.

Wish you Good Luck.
Call up Sharekhan Customer service and register for a training course that they conduct online. In few metros, they also have in-person classes. Ask for courses from ATC and DNT department. They are free for SK customers.

Thank You all, I took a class (SK ATC) on previous saturday. (and also registered for a bunch of them just today, also downloaded all relevant material from NSEIndia.com). I understood quite a lot but I am still confused about making a call (call or put) and booking profit. For equity market I have quite a few selected scrips that I watch and track daily even if I don't trade a particular day. But for this I am just getting it difficult to even get started.

Code:

Now with an imaginary future price can you explain how this works? Which call or put order will make money on or before expiry? How? and How do I exercise my option to make money? and when can I do so?

When do I lose money?

If I buy CE 15, it will cost me 16000/- ? and if the spot goes to 18 I will earn 8000 if I exercise my option? right? or 800 if I do it on spot price 17.10

I understand the terms but I am not able to put together the info to actually do something about it. I think switching from equity to derivative is what is confusing me. There ain't such and so much calculation to make LOL :D

Good to know that you have started your journey for derivatives.

Just to answer the couple of questions raised by you will not solve the problem of getting things clear in a larger frame.

I have a good write up on the basics of working of Options trading. If you will give me your E-mail ID , I will forward you that Word Document. That will make most of the things clear for your understanding in the first phase.

Don't write your E-mail ID here in the THREAD . Use only personal message .

Also do check the Option Threads in the Derivatives section of Traderji. Some threads are very educative and you will learn a lot from them.

Best Wishes. :thumb:

PS: Exercising of Options is no more used in NSE. Premium however can be bought and sold as many times as a trader wants throughout the contract month.

Hello ,
Any body who is using share khan's trade tiger,
can u pls tell me,is trade tiger similar to odin in the following aspect.
When the internet disconnets and reconnects again, do we have to login again in trade tiger just like we do in odin or does it reconcile and logs in automatically like Nse Now and Nest Trader??

Regards

DSM

You need to log in again manually..... :( :( : (though Sharekhan terminal will pop up with a warning that you are disconnected and need to log in again...

Hello ,
Any body who is using share khan's trade tiger,
can u pls tell me,is trade tiger similar to odin in the following aspect.
When the internet disconnets and reconnects again, do we have to login again in trade tiger just like we do in odin or does it reconcile and logs in automatically like Nse Now and Nest Trader??

Regards

Code:

When do I lose money?

if the spot closed at 18 u will get 8000*3 = 24000, Your profit will be 24000-16000 = 8000. But if it closes below 15. for ex 14.5 u will loss all your 16k. Also note when u in profit try to close before expiry else the transaction charge is higher ur profit ll reduced by 1000 atleast.