Need Excel File for Option + Future Combined Strategy

Dear All,

I'm novice as far as trading is concerned however have been reading many ideas here, options and futures are areas of interest and am confused as on google also i could not find an excel file where I can check the outcome at expiry for any strategy that involves option and future

e.g. Buy Nifty Future and sell call of nearby strike in upward trending market how can i correctly find what would be investment and what would be profit and loss for each intervals of nifty at the time of expiry.

If someone already having excel file or can make it it would be great help.

mmca2006

Dear All,

I'm novice as far as trading is concerned however have been reading many ideas here, options and futures are areas of interest and am confused as on google also i could not find an excel file where I can check the outcome at expiry for any strategy that involves option and future

e.g. Buy Nifty Future and sell call of nearby strike in upward trending market how can i correctly find what would be investment and what would be profit and loss for each intervals of nifty at the time of expiry.

why don't u use OPTION ORACLE ? refer following link
http://www.traderji.com/options/74081-good-news-option-oracle-working-10.html

mastermind007

Dear All,

There is a spreadsheet product called OptionEdge from a website www.oedge.com

OptionEdge is a stock option trading application for use with Microsoft Excel. The program utilizes the Black-Scholes option pricing model to simulate and analyze various stock option trading strategies. OptionEdge 2.1, the latest version of the program, can be freely downloaded through the download section of this website.

It does not handle Buying or Shorting a Future, but it does handle buying and selling of underlying stock... which is roughly equivalent.

To use it correctly, you do need some skill.

Last edited:
some excels available in net but its not easy without a mentor to understand the o+f Trading..
so read more articles about option,future and combine..
need more ping me by pm...:thumb:
What you say is perfectly true.
Myself also trying to learn but still to make headway.

Have downloaded Option Oracle which is not working, unable to configure.
Have downloaded option Edge.

mastermind007

Options oracle not working and option Edge 2.1 is also not user friendly at least for me.

Can anyone suggest something which can help
There is one another software called OptionTiger marketed by a a person named Hari Swaminathan (based in Maryland, USA) and it retails for few hundred dollars. Combo that includes everything is retailed for around 2000$ when I last checked. Currently, He is running a competition wherein you are rewarded for good trade performance using his tools...