NCDEX Trading Special - Advantages and why I love it

Hi,

Any NCDEX traders here?

I am positional trader in Nifty, Crude oil and metals (Gold, Silver) and nowadays markets are going very wild GAP UP GAP DOWN due to global news like today and I am afraid to continue positional trading in these segments. Will NCDEX react to any international news overnight like Nifty? How risky it is to take positional trade on NCDEX?

Experienced trader please share your experience in NCDEX?

Thanks,
srtrader

Hmm... Aap to kafi experienced lagte ho :)

Very keen on learning about NCDEX. It's an unexplored area in the Indian commodity space.
Hello Natjay ji, Glad to see you on the thread. I will definitely post my experience and knowledge here. NCDEX has lot of untapped potential.And is relatively easier to trade compared to other markets. NCDEX mainly has agri-commodities. And the agri prices are regulated by the government so they tend to stay in range. So it's unlikely that you'll face much difficulty in speculating price as we tend to know the ranges. It has much less competition compared to share markets which is already saturated by big players and institutional investors, when they buy or sell we get to see wild swings in stock prices, which is not the case in commodities as they are not allowed to trade unless or hedging purposes.:D

Feel free to ask more questions, I'll keep on providing more updates on forum

Hi,

Any NCDEX traders here?

I am positional trader in Nifty, Crude oil and metals (Gold, Silver) and nowadays markets are going very wild GAP UP GAP DOWN due to global news like today and I am afraid to continue positional trading in these segments. Will NCDEX react to any international news overnight like Nifty? How risky it is to take positional trade on NCDEX?

Experienced trader please share your experience in NCDEX?

Thanks,
srtrader
Hello srtrader ji,
NCDEX commodity prices are mostly affected by domestic factors of demand-supply so more easier to predict compared to share market which mainly trades on sentiments and a million different fundamentals like EPS, profit margin etc. My general advice is to avoid holding overnight risk. It's better to square off near market close and re-enter on next trading, chances are you'll get a better price on the security and if not'll you atleast be on the safe side and will get to to sleep peacefully. It's relatively safer as the Upper lower circuit are of 5-6% max in most commodities. So if you maintain proper margins and use leverage modestly you'll easily make profits in the long run.

Feel free to ask more questions