Natural Gas - Highly manipulated counter

What do you guys think of buying Dec 2012 and Jan 2013 call options on nat gas futures? I mean this market has to turn and when it turns we are going to have mother of all short squeezes.

What do you guys think of buying Dec 2012 and Jan 2013 call options on nat gas futures? I mean this market has to turn and when it turns we are going to have mother of all short squeezes.
for n.gas such a long period technical idea is not possible.
but as far as eod time frame.it has already touched below 30 level at rsi
now it is in between 32 to 33 ,so you can wait for positive breakout at rsi,once it mature ,you can go a head for buying call option and can roll over ,till every thing looks fine

I am thinking of shorting this today at 115..for a tgt of 113.This purely based on price action..However RSI is bordering around 35 ... Correct me if I am wrong .Thank you ASHWANI JI.

praveen taneja

I have done a historic survey on the NG market and found that NG price reacts to the climatic changes in the US.IF there is an forecast of cold winter in US , the NG price tends to move up months before winter itself. So just on the basis of a weather forecast alone, you have a trade guys.
Nice observation my friend:)

NG is trading below 20% of production cost IF someone have patience trade is already in favour of a buyer:thumb:

Pure Tukka trade nothing el;se

praveen taneja

Sir, there is no trade on the long side this year atleast till the fundamentals doesnt change. Excess production and no demand has taken a toll on the prices
ya thats why posted profit can be in a mnth or so bcoz producer reducing production bcoz of loss no use producing in loss that would create scarcity for the NG and result:thumb:

Boss nothing is manipulated. NG contract on MCX follows NG traded on CME. Tick to tick. Else there is arbitrage opportunity. Total no of buying quantity or selling quantity in market is useless information. The contract moves exactly as per moves in NG on CME.

Secondly, NG has absolutely no relation to Dollar index or any other thing at all. No data release has effect, No FOMC decision has effect, no NFP nos have any effect. The only thing it reacts to is weekly inventory nos on Thu 8pm. That's it. Everything else is all natural supply demand

hi piyush,
very well said, no manipulations, just supply demaqnd... thanx for info too ..

hello everyone
i am new to your threads as well as trading in naturalgas . Is there any solid indicator or system which surely canhelp make profit in naturalgas.i am using tradetiger for charts.thanx

ashu1234