My Trading Journey - Day Trading the account with ~ 1000 INR

hmp

Keep it up Nagappan ji
I agree with you.There is no harm in trying with 1000 capital.At the most what will you lose?I think all day traders should try their systems with that much capital only.
Regards

Last edited:
Nagappan,

You are wrong. Prediction is everywhere. If we able to predict weather, then we should be able to predict market. :D

There is a difference between prediction and speculation my friend. Astrologer do prediction. Traders do speculation (with a calculated risk and reward) which you justify your trade with some logic is called speculation.

May be you mean prediction in trading what I explained above as speculation. But both terms are different.

--rip07
Hi rip07,

These are definitions from oxford dictionary :

Predict : Say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something

Speculate : Form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence --- one more definition --- Invest in stocks, property, or other ventures in the hope of gain but with the risk of loss

Links are here :
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/predict
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/speculate

Not only Astrologers do prediction. Many professional guys do prediction in their field.

Engineers do predictions ( Aerodynamicist, Structural Analyst, Thermodynamicist,etc..,) For example : Engineers predict the failure of the material based on loads acting on it. It is just prediction not exact science. They use numerical methods to predict it.

If you see temperature in any sensor, it just predict the temperature on macroscopic scale based on statistical mathematics. Each and every molecule have different properties in microscopic and it is not possible to calculate properties of each and every molecule and then average it. So, we just use know mathematical models to approximate (predict) the value with some assumptions.

Even Facebook predicts what you like, what will you do based on your history of how you used it. They use some algorithm to understand it. If you want you can refer Machine learning.

I know both terms are different.

I'm repeating this : If you able to predict weather ( natural cycle), you should be able to predict market.

Every trader speculate each and every time they trade with calculated risk. I am also speculate ( with calculated risk ) based on my prediction + technical signal.

If you see technical indicators and speculate , automatically your mind predict something subconsciously without any data backed models so you speculate with the hope that it will happen.

Regards,
Nagappan

Rish

Hi rip07,

These are definitions from oxford dictionary :

Predict : Say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something

Speculate : Form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence --- one more definition --- Invest in stocks, property, or other ventures in the hope of gain but with the risk of loss

Links are here :
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/predict
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/speculate

Not only Astrologers do prediction. Many professional guys do prediction in their field.

Engineers do predictions ( Aerodynamicist, Structural Analyst, Thermodynamicist,etc..,) For example : Engineers predict the failure of the material based on loads acting on it. It is just prediction not exact science. They use numerical methods to predict it.

If you see temperature in any sensor, it just predict the temperature on macroscopic scale based on statistical mathematics. Each and every molecule have different properties in microscopic and it is not possible to calculate properties of each and every molecule and then average it. So, we just use know mathematical models to approximate (predict) the value with some assumptions.

Even Facebook predicts what you like, what will you do based on your history of how you used it. They use some algorithm to understand it. If you want you can refer Machine learning.

I know both terms are different.

I'm repeating this : If you able to predict weather ( natural cycle), you should be able to predict market.

Every trader speculate each and every time they trade with calculated risk. I am also speculate ( with calculated risk ) based on my prediction + technical signal.

If you see technical indicators and speculate , automatically your mind predict something subconsciously without any data backed models so you speculate with the hope that it will happen.

Regards,
Nagappan
Yes....in simple terms...market moves based on cyclical pattern..only we should try to predict the cyclical...then ...yes...

Hi all,

Here is the Screenshot of my trading P/L from June 15 to July 11, 2016.

I will update my trading day by day as much as possible.

Today, I selected VEDL and some other scripts. I expect VEDL wave pattern similar to the attached image for today. It is just my prediction and it may go wrong. Anyhow, I stick to my plan.

Regards,
Nagappan

oi trader boi

Today I made loss.

Morning, I had 2075 INR in account.

I traded VEDL today also, first half I made ~ 350 INR and in second half I made big loss.

Loss : ~ 210 INR
Broker Charges : ~ 100 INR
Net Loss : ~ 310 INR
Loss % : ~15% of total account value

My Mistake : Traded VEDL based on prediction as usual but without confirmation signal

Very Nice Presentation Nagappan.I liked this way of posting P&L results.Amazing.
I will try to do the same.

Pls Update this thread.

ty

Hi all Traders,

I failed in this experiment. Few days before I had only 50 INR :)

Reason : Prediction

Result (till now) : Predicting the market will give you either huge advantage or huge disadvantage while trading.

My View : Still I believe predicting the market will make us stand out of the crowd and give huge ROI if done correctly.

Where I'm heading now ?
I predicted the market based on the data analysis and opening price. But now I'm doing some research over Gann methods, Cheiro work and our Indian planetary based calculations.

I purchased the book " Stock Market Analysis through Vedic Astrology" by R.G Krishnan for 33 USD. I'm still reading and trying to understand Vedic principles connected to financial market.

My Method : Prediction => Technical Confirmation => Trade

Account Value : ~ 19K ( I added some fund)
Last week Highest Gain in one day : ~ 9000 INR
Last week Highest loss in one day : ~ 12000 INR

I will update this thread as frequent as possible. I will never quit this trading till I get consistent result.

Regards,
Nagappan