My Trades

humble

||Sri||

I have been with Trading since Jan 2009. Still trying to be profitable consistently. I will be using this Thread to pen down my thoughts during the market hours and reviewing it at the end of the day. Since I am already in a day job, I cannot day trade. My preferred timeframe is 15mins. I am here to learn and only learn.

Most of the techniques I am using are from Traderji. Hope for the best :).

||Sri||

I have been with Trading since Jan 2009. Still trying to be profitable consistently. I will be using this Thread to pen down my thoughts during the market hours and reviewing it at the end of the day. Since I am already in a day job, I cannot day trade. My preferred timeframe is 15mins. I am here to learn and only learn.

Most of the techniques I am using are from Traderji. Hope for the best :).
All the best humble bro.......:thumb:

humble

I will be looking for longs above @15845 in BNF September Series. Stoploss for this trade will be @15760.

Since I am on the 15min tf, stops will be far. Currently trading only with 1 lot. Ideally I would prefer 2 lots where I can book some profit when the price moves in my favor and leave the other one for profits or break-even.

Why long ?
I use EMA 137 as one of the indicator for identifying the trend. Price currently is above EMA 137 hence should be looking only for buys.

When to Short?
Price has to go below EMA 137 and form a pivot. This looks very unlikely to happen today.

Last edited:

dell

nice humble , i also trading bnf 15m , hope to get some learning from u ,
any significance of using ema 137 ? have u backtested it or any other reason for choosing 137 ?

humble

nice humble , i also trading bnf 15m , hope to get some learning from u ,
any significance of using ema 137 ? have u backtested it or any other reason for choosing 137 ?
Hi Dell,

In short: :cool:
Based on the single ema backtest in amibroker, 137 EMA gave the best results in terms of %winners. I have backtested manually and traded live with the above setup for many months.

If you want to kill time: :D
Before trading with EMA 137, i was trading using the SuperTrend indicator and before that 30 min flow and 60 min flow. Each of these methods have their own advantages and disadvantages. I believe 30 & 60 min flow is for pros and not for beginners. SuperTrend has great results in backtest but very difficult to implement.

Then I saw a post from ST Da about trading with a Single EMA and taking only trades in the direction of the trend. The concept of not always being in the market with an open position and entering the trend with only longs/shorts was an eye-opener. In all the above methods mentioned, we were always in the market with a position open.

Again the biggest challenge has been the sideways market. I feel I am better equipped with Stoch, RSI & Pratap's SAR [afl] to fight the sideways market. Let's see what happens :).

dell

Hi Dell,

In short: :cool:
Based on the single ema backtest in amibroker, 137 EMA gave the best results in terms of %winners. I have backtested manually and traded live with the above setup for many months.

If you want to kill time: :D
Before trading with EMA 137, i was trading using the SuperTrend indicator and before that 30 min flow and 60 min flow. Each of these methods have their own advantages and disadvantages. I believe 30 & 60 min flow is for pros and not for beginners. SuperTrend has great results in backtest but very difficult to implement.

Then I saw a post from ST Da about trading with a Single EMA and taking only trades in the direction of the trend. The concept of not always being in the market with an open position and entering the trend with only longs/shorts was an eye-opener. In all the above methods mentioned, we were always in the market with a position open.

Again the biggest challenge has been the sideways market. I feel I am better equipped with Stoch, RSI & Pratap's SAR [afl] to fight the sideways market. Let's see what happens :).
nice one ,
regarding supertrend , definately it not worth , actually it is profitable ,but as a human being we skip some signals after some continous whips, that's why it is not worth .it is just say timepass.
regarding flow methods , same there whips and we loose our patience .
regarding single ma st da method , swift , it is a good method buy on break of pivots above the ma , but need some filter to avoid whips (sideways).
one more thing u can use , plot ema high and ema low ,
buy above ema high with a sl below ema low and vice versa , it can remove ur 10% whips , entry is some late but it's ok .
also look for pivots ( visual trend ) for taking trend trades , try it .
one more suggestion , after identyfing the setup in 15m , switch to 3m tf and take trade there ( around our setup area )on break of pivot with sl of recent pivot low , it will also gives u better entry and with minimum sl and this will also cut ur 20% whips trades .

dell

I feel I am better equipped with Stoch, RSI & Pratap's SAR [afl] to fight the sideways market.
on ur free time , plz share how u use rsi and stoch for avoiding whips and getting better entry . also in 15m tf , how u utilize pratap sir sar ? i think sar works better in lower tf , i am using it in 3m tf .

marimuthu13

nice one ,
regarding supertrend , definately it not worth , actually it is profitable ,but as a human being we skip some signals after some continous whips, that's why it is not worth .it is just say timepass.
r
egarding flow methods , same there whips and we loose our patience .
regarding single ma st da method , swift , it is a good method buy on break of pivots above the ma , but need some filter to avoid whips (sideways).
one more thing u can use , plot ema high and ema low ,
buy above ema high with a sl below ema low and vice versa , it can remove ur 10% whips , entry is some late but it's ok .
also look for pivots ( visual trend ) for taking trend trades , try it .
one more suggestion , after identyfing the setup in 15m , switch to 3m tf and take trade there ( around our setup area )on break of pivot with sl of recent pivot low , it will also gives u better entry and with minimum sl and this will also cut ur 20% whips trades .
i beg to differ from you...if traded with proper capital say 1 lac for 1 NF lot,you can trade for living with much comfort....

dell

i beg to differ from you...if traded with proper capital say 1 lac for 1 NF lot,you can trade for living with much comfort....
plz read the line again .
i say it is human nature that if he get 3-4 whips continously than he skip the next trade , also we are family person's , many time due to personal family works we are not able to take trades , u see the most of profit came from ST is from a few big winners ,it is the lack of disclipine to take all trades , which makes it less profitable .
else the system is good for living .
if u are trading comfortably with nifty with supertrend than can u plz share backtested report of last 4-5 yrs with it ?also r u trading plainly ST or using some filters to avoid some whips , any other useful information ,if u wish to share .

marimuthu13

plz read the line again .
i say it is human nature that if he get 3-4 whips continously than he skip the next trade , also we are family person's , many time due to personal family works we are not able to take trades , u see the most of profit came from ST is from a few big winners ,it is the lack of disclipine to take all trades , which makes it less profitable .
else the system is good for living .
if u are trading comfortably with nifty with supertrend than can u plz share backtested report of last 4-5 yrs with it ?also r u trading plainly ST or using some filters to avoid some whips , any other useful information ,if u wish to share .
hi dell...
i am not trading NIFTY using Super trend, to stress importance of capital management i have quoted NIFTY as example..

yes you are right that we may not take all siganls if there is 3-4 trades are whiped in ROW...this is only disadvantage using supertrend....to overcome this, we need to have proper captial employed, then we dont bother about whipsaws and continue to trade as per signals...

regarding filter, i enter only high/low break of siganl candle, it will reduce whips to such extent...again i prefer to trade using 1H TF for commodites..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tradingwithmike Forex 0
B Trading Diary 15
P Technical Analysis 7
T Software 0
X Trading Diary 56