My Trade Journal

VJAY

Querry on increase position size with increased capital ...reply from well experienced traders STda & Dan

Problem/Question: While trading I generally use a MM that is approx. 1.2Reward. While the risk is presently capped at 2000 per trade. Now I need to scale up and with the same RR, I want the risk to go up to 7000 a trade... this part is easy - all I need is to increase the trading capital... now the tricky part - how do I train the mind to accept profits that are 3 times my earlier norms? This is not letting the profits run - as that would directly impact RR, but more on trading with increased position size... any pointers?
By ST da

You have to train your mind that now as your capital has increased 3.5 times, your losses and profits in absolute numbers will be 3.5 times the earlier figures though in % of capital terms they are still the same...it is not letting the profits rum for some more points but just that with a 20 points stoploss your earlier quantity was 100 now with same 20 point stoploss but 3.5 times capital your quantity will now be 350.

With higher capital if the profits do not go up then the return on capital suffers. But it takes time to train our minds to accept larger profits and larger losses in absolute terms.
I know a real life case of a trader who came from very modest background.....his parents monthly grossary and food items expences at that time was Rs 5000 and this trader became successful and came to a stage where his capital increased and his one stoploss used to be Rs 15,000....he had a severe block that with 5000 my parents live for 1 month and I blow Rs 15,000 on a single trade....

He had to convince his mind that he is no longer a salary earner like his father and his capital is sufficient to take care of 15 K loss on a trade and when he makes profits he makes 30 K ,40 K or 50 K in a single/couple of days which his father as a salary earner never made ( no disrespect to his father he was doing a great job of supporting a family of wife and 3 children in his modest means) ....he had big difficulty in getting this block of guilt ( of loosing 15 K on a single trade) ....it took lots of time for this process and I have seen this process very closely....

By Dan

You may should take once your time to listen to this guy: William Greenspan (Legendary Floor Trader): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLSkiAlQJ0w It is an old video and still it is a very new video. In the first ten minutes or so he is pointing to the problem you mentioned you face.

Coming to your question from my side: Some are great traders with five, ten or twenty lots but are miserable traders with more lots, as they face fear which they not will over come in some cases when trading bigger amounts of lots. If so, then do accept it and do only trade in your "Comfort Zone". Do forget about the rest and stay with the amounts of lots you feel comfortable to handle. Not all are born to trade big amounts of lots. No shame in this instead a good behavior to protect your self against huge losses when it comes to this specific mental point in trading.

Most important: The end result of your trades must be in green as you trade in your "Zone".

Adding this: If what you traded in the past (Trading plan with your trading strategy) did work well and you did slowly increase your size of lots you trade today, then in general you should not feel bad when you trade bigger amounts of lots, as the past has proved the success by what you trade. Do not go to your limits you could trade with, as when you make losses under such circumstances it will hurt.

VJAY

some helpfull facts for traders ....shared by syam7

1)Computers and TVs will reduce human immunity power.Try to use mouse as little as posible as it emmit laser radiation.It is better to use an LCD monitor.The LED's emmit more radiations.If data card is using,place it away from the system.Use Wi Fi as less as possible.

2)Avoid siting under a fan.Air is an energy.The fan will blow the air to outside.The presanse of stll air will give energy.The more the emty space the room have the more better.

3)If the room is built as per vastu measurement,that place will give energy
4)The color emit vibrations.Find the color which is suitable to your energy body,and use the light shade of that color to the walls.

5)Occationaly give rest to the eyes.Looking at the computer screen will exhaust the bodily energy.Washing the eyes with water and looking at the sky for some time will energise the eyes

6)Placing a water splitering pump(aquariam pump) will give prana to the room.

7)Placing a quartz crystal will give positive vibrations to the room,but that crystal should be placed under the pipe water often to clear out the negative vibrations accumulating on it

8)Siting on the chair contineously will block the bood passage to the limbs,and then the prana will also be blocked.THe universal prana should be enter into the body contineously
through the body energy chakras for the well beings.It is better to alter your siting positions when you feel discomfort.If the pain in the legs persist,there may block in blood circulation.If it is the case,when the stomach is empty
dip the foot in the hot water ,in which sea salt is dissolved.After that, doing pranayama will remove the blockage.

9)It is because of the sun that the earth became magnetised.There is a magnetic current (not earth magnetic field)flowing over the earth surface from east to west.If you sit facing to east ,you are in align with that energy.

10) If you feel tired when working,Look at the sky for some time or clamp your palms and touch your foots to each other and do some rythematic beaths.The out going breath should be shallow and the inhale should be a little forcible.

11)Take a break and walk to and fro in the room.This is a yoga to energise the energy body.

12)As immunity power is reducing day by day.eat vegitables or fruits contains Vitamin C(Ex:Amla)

13)Drink a glass of grape juice every day if possible.

14)Spend some time with nature.The nature has the power to bring you to harmony with the surroundings.

15)Walking with out having much thoughts is a curative medicine for both mind and body.

16)Take fasting once in a week will remove impurities from the blood and will strengthen the veins

17)The food taken will need sun power in the atmosphere to digest.The mood of the mind also depends on the sunlight.As there is no sunlight in the night the bodily digestive power will be very poor.So the intake of food should be minimum

18)Taking a bath in salty water(sea salt dissolved) once in a week will clean your energy body(prana shareer).
19)Lite a tube light where you are working as it emit some what similar prana that of
sun light.