My Nifty Trading system - Should I scale up?

extremist

@ Deba

as the results shown r of very limited period it will be very challenging to quote something.

But as u shown the results; those r good.

just tell me one thing wht is the outcome of ur system from date 23rd to 31 dec 2015.
coz it was very tight range with no interest in movement.

And if it did performed well in tht period too....
then man...... consider yourself equipped with Nuke....
You can rule
but why do u want to become hero over night?

if it did well in the range i specified the it won't be harmful to double the trade size. but not more than tht.
safer will be 3 lots

coz u got something out of table.

but control OVER CONFIDENCE.

All the best for great journey ahead.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

deba72

@Extremist

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

Between 23rd - 31st Dec 2015, there were 14 trades. Results were 21, -7,-2,3,-8,-9,4,16,-2,-1,-8,3,4,1. So total gross profit was 15 points. After taking care of the transaction costs, the result would become few points negative.

I am not at all brimming with over-confidence, on the contrary, I am looking for some confidence :). I know I have to very cautious as my capital is limited. So I am thinking multiple times should I raise my trade size at all or should I continue with my current trade size for next few months. As you can understand from the results , my entire system is built on risk management and I don't want to put myself under any kind of mental stress due to increased position size.

extremist

@Extremist

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

Between 23rd - 31st Dec 2015, there were 14 trades. Results were 21, -7,-2,3,-8,-9,4,16,-2,-1,-8,3,4,1. So total gross profit was 15 points. After taking care of the transaction costs, the result would become few points negative.

I am not at all brimming with over-confidence, on the contrary, I am looking for some confidence :). I know I have to very cautious as my capital is limited. So I am thinking multiple times should I raise my trade size at all or should I continue with my current trade size for next few months. As you can understand from the results , my entire system is built on risk management and I don't want to put myself under any kind of mental stress due to increased position size.
Now i take back my words of increment in the trade size.
better keep on doing wht u r doing.

And the which ur looking ( confidence) will automatically get to over time till then go slow as ur going now

ur system is good in trend and higher ATR periods. and bad news is Nifty stays in this manner for say max 30% time over the year.

but over all looks good. coz the over all gains made in this period will make up for the rest of the bad times and still u may end up in profits.
may be Good sizable profits.

deba72

And one more suggestion.

i don't know wht ur system is but try to identify the periods in which market stays. and even reduce ur trade size to 1 lot or stay on sidelines in tht period.

and u will have superb returns on YOY basis.
Thanks for your valuable input. Will try to work on your suggestions.

Verde

av profit per trade is 330/82= 4.02
in actual trading there will be slippage for which the backtest has no account, add the brokerage and taxes. what is left
my 2 cents, look for a system with bigger av profit after factoring in expenses

deba72

av profit per trade is 330/82= 4.02
in actual trading there will be slippage for which the backtest has no account, add the brokerage and taxes. what is left
my 2 cents, look for a system with bigger av profit after factoring in expenses
Its 661 profit in 82 trades. My transaction cost for both legs combined for two lots is 1.6 points. That takes out 131 points and leaves me with net take home profit of 530 points. And these are actual trades , not backtest data, so , slippages are already factored in.